Piebald

SES

I first saw this doe 5 years ago with an 8 point on her tail. Shot the buck. The same year my son, who was 8 at the time had a chance to shoot her on the juvenile hunt, but he just wanted to watch her. BTW, how the heck do you rotate these pictures??
url]

Attachments

• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 4,313

tn24

Is she as dark as she looks in the picture? Looks like she is a melanistic- piebald. Cool picture.

SES

The last time I saw her, she wasn't nearly that dark colored. The canopy is really thick where the picture was taken, but she's definitely darker than the other deer I have pictures of there.

Southern Sportsman

I agree that she looks to be melanistic and piebald, which has to be the rarest deer coloration ever.

Times like this I wish we hadn't run BSK off.

fairchaser

Southern Sportsman":1b39ys8g said:
I agree that she looks to be melanistic and piebald, which has to be the rarest deer coloration ever.

Times like this I wish we hadn't run BSK off.

Times 2 on that one.

Mike Belt

Unusual color even for a piebald. Great pic. I think if I'd have watched her that long I'd just let her live. It might be biologically beneficial to take her out but if you're shooting her because she's pretty, unless you plan on tanning the hide, it'd be just like shooting any other doe.

Latest posts