piebald 10 point. Age??

morgancountry

My brother got pics of this piebald 10 point the other night. He definitely looks mature to me. What do you guys think on age?

photobucket-5291-1326300895709.jpg

photobucket-1958-1326302326396.jpg

photobucket-2393-1326302417264.jpg

tanelson

BHC this pic came from Morgan County. My mom did alittle research on piebald deer and she found that they have shorter legs and shorter noses this could make this buck hard to judge. Has anyone heard of this before? Sometimes the internet can be misleading.

Boone 58

Boy, i would say at least 4.5 because of the roman nose and sagging belly but i have to admit this one could really fool me.

I will to defer to Bsk, very int. to know his thoughts.

Mike Belt

I killed a short, stocky buck that had a short Roman nose. That's why I figured he was 4.5. Turned out he was 3.5. I'm guessing 3.5 - 4.5 on yours.

baller_9

First picture it appears to be a 2.5 year old but seeing your last picture it changed everything. Y'all are going to think I'm crazy but I believe this buck is 7.5+. He appears very run down and just look at that nose! You can see the rolls in his fur where he likely had a much larger body but has lost his size due age so now it's just loose skin. Doesn't even look like he went into rut this year.

TheLBLman

The only thing I can say with absolute certainty is that this buck is
2 1/2 or older, with much emphasis on the "or older".

Mike Belt said:
I killed a short, stocky buck that had a short Roman nose. That's why I figured he was 4.5. Turned out he was 3.5. I'm guessing 3.5 - 4.5 on yours.
Good point.
What is generally the case, is still subject to exception.

Deer can be much like people in that some individuals simply have relatively short noses and short legs, no matter what their age. Some have relatively skinny necks, some have fat necks, even when they're young.

Latest posts