PICS of Some Points

Howa

Another thread I started some folks wanted to see pics of my points so I laid them out and took some photos. Ended up being 153 of the points plus some other stuff.

Here's some of the larger ones on top...
DSC00622.jpg

and here are some more...
DSC00627.jpg

Here are some of what I think are the most interesting ones, followed by some close-ups of a couple...notice the fish hook looking thing, have you seen this before?
DSC00623.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

Then there are these 2 really small ones which I think are real neat, the one on the right almost looks like it is made of orange glass, you can almost see through it. Again, these are no doubt authentic, this is not a piece of soda pop bottle.
DSC00628.jpg

Please give me your thoughts as to which ones are the most unique or rare, or something you haven't seen before. Thanks guys.

Howa

corymhoward said:
all these found in houston county??

Most were picked up in Montgomery County by my Grandaddy over a lifetime of farming. Some, and I don't know which ones, came from a Great Uncle over around Tullahoma, and have been in my Grandaddy's possession for about 30 years.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Very cool.
Not sure if that is an acutal fish hook or more of a threading needle type thing they used to lace leather with.

splitter

stovepipe said:
Physiksgeek said:
Those are some super nice pieces.
hey geek, what's your take on the 'fish hook' piece??????????????

I've always been told they were bogus and injuns didn't know that trick.

kinda like the thunderbird discussions on here

.....don't mind us Howa, especially me...I'm still drooling on the keyboard, LOL

yeah i knew a guy that found like 300 "bone" fish hooks, i think those are the ones that were bogus. you don't see many made of flint. those are some nice pieces for sure. the drills are what i noticed those really impressed me

Latest posts