Pics don't lie!!

RiverBuck10

I live in South East TN, Hamilton county and I checked my cameras this morning and had does being chased by nice 3.5-4.5 old bucks!! So I would say the does are coming into heat!! YAHOOOOOO!! I will be in a stand come Sat morning!!

PICT0082-1.jpg

He was checking a scrape!!

JeepKuntry

I killed a doe opening day of last ML, mature doe 101lbs. that stunk. If the weather doesn't heat up to bad we'll be prime time in the next few weeks.

Tomahawk

The deer in the picture is 2.5 max. Still young but would be a good shooter buck in 2 years. Does are still 2-3 weeks away from being ready minimum.

BigGameGuy

The pic actually says the opposite...if he's checking a scrape, it's a pretty safe bet the does aren't in heat. If they were, you can pretty much bet he wouldn't be wasting his time checking a scrape! ;)

lpo1981

BigGameGuy said:
The pic actually says the opposite...if he's checking a scrape, it's a pretty safe bet the does aren't in heat. If they were, you can pretty much bet he wouldn't be wasting his time checking a scrape! ;)
Agreed! Usually when the rut is in full swing the usage of scrapes declines dramatically. Think the younger bucks are starting to push does rite now.

bbd6697

i agree 2-2.5 id probably give him a year his brisket is high up and belly tucks neck a litle slender makings of a great deer though looks to have great ginetics.

RiverBuck10

I would agree on this buck!! He is 2.5, sorry for posting this misleading picture!! All the chasing photos were kind of blurry!! Does tongues hanging out and looks like about to die!! Then bucks right behind her!! This is the only picture I got of the buck walking!!

PICT0142.jpg

The 2.5 year old buck was also chasing!!