Pickwick

Headhunter

Saw some TVA people at the classic, the guys were actually fishing the dam, fishing the floodgates, several of them. They finally got to close to a gate and were swept over the dam.

Headhunter

tnanh":188i1qrg said:
Not true. Some people will tell you stuff wanting to be " in the know" and dont know squat.

I don't know, all I know is what the TVA person told me at the bassmaster classic. Actually myself and several others who were asking questions. He said there is video of them fishing the gates.

TRIGGER

Headhunter":b0aeqhyj said:
tnanh":b0aeqhyj said:
Not true. Some people will tell you stuff wanting to be " in the know" and dont know squat.

I don't know, all I know is what the TVA person told me at the bassmaster classic. Actually myself and several others who were asking questions. He said there is video of them fishing the gates.

I'm not buying it. Not saying you didn't hear that but it's a far reach IMO. No trolling motor ever made could keep a boat anywhere near the gates with that much flow much less be trolling between the gates fishing.

Headhunter

I tried to verify as best as I could. From what I can find out, they won't say where exactly, but they were for sure fishing just before they were swept over the dam.

Wiley

I live in Guntersville. Nobody, NOBODY, was swept thru Guntersville Dam while fishing the Bassmaster Classic. Also, the back of the dam doesn't provide any structure to hold fish or baitfish. No bass fishing competitors fish the back of the dam. Ever.

Now, a few days before the Classic I talked to TVA biologists at the Wheeler ramp below Guntersville Dam. They told me they would be at the Expo in Birmingham to educate people on the TN River fisheries, etc.

Headhunter

Wiley":3aey4rf7 said:
I live in Guntersville. Nobody, NOBODY, was swept thru Guntersville Dam while fishing the Bassmaster Classic. Also, the back of the dam doesn't provide any structure to hold fish or baitfish. No bass fishing competitors fish the back of the dam. Ever.

Now, a few days before the Classic I talked to TVA biologists at the Wheeler ramp below Guntersville Dam. They told me they would be at the Expo in Birmingham to educate people on the TN River fisheries, etc.

First who said or even mentioned someone was swept through the Guntersville dam, I have no clue what you are talking about.

The TVA people at the classic is who told me what happened at Pickwick. At least that is what a TVA person said they have camera evidence of, that they were fishing the gates before they went over. I am not saying this happened, I am just telling you what a TVA representative told me personally.

And to say no one has EVER fished the back of a dam in a bass tournament, crazy. When there are no floodgates open, whether or not it is legal, I will guarantee you when there is no water flow, fishermen, recreational and tournament fish all around the back of dams.

Headhunter

Pray every day for the fishermen and the families.

I was able to verify there is approx 30 minutes of video of them fishing way closer to the dam than they should have been before they went over.

TRIGGER

Headhunter":f9d244hv said:
Pray every day for the fishermen and the families.

I was able to verify there is approx 30 minutes of video of them fishing way closer to the dam than they should have been before they went over.

Wow. I won't say what I'm wanting to say out of respect for the dead.

Winchester

Back of the Dams get fished often, actually a good place many times! Footage I was told about showed the boat go over the flood gate but fishing wasnt mentioned?

Latest posts