Pickwick knives

Crow Terminator

Here is my newest frame. I've taken a serious liking to Pickwick blades. I hope to fill the whole frame with high quality specimens and materials. This is what I have so far. Most of these are 4 inches plus. I have dover, fort payne, sonora, hornstone, and buffalo river there, plus one or two others I am unsure about.
2E354B45-1E3B-4616-96FC-81F68F79EB04.jpeg
EE9F1A0E-6837-46AC-A0FC-0DB5CA40C324.jpeg

CATCHDAWG

Here's one a guy at a show had. I wanted it bad but didn't have the cash on me. Also from Hardin County.
That is a work of art! I have to ask though, if you don't find them yourself, how do you know they are authentic? I know some come with a certificate but still? Serious question. I see some nice points in some antique stores and they generally have a tag of where they were found but how do I really know that? It's basically taking someone for their word and unfortunately that doesn't go very far nowadays. How does one know it wasn't knapped in the backyard?

Crow Terminator

Modern pieces are relatively easy to spot when you get an eye for what you are collecting. The material used and techniques used to knapp are give always. Material will develop a patina after many hundred or thousands of years in the elements. Anything new will not have the patina on it and will show fresh flaking. You have to know the material for your area.

Latest posts