PI this weekend

Dbllunger

Yes, very similar. Years ago I hunted Giles island on the Mississippi river and watched deer eat honey locust pods for an hour. They don't seem to eat them much in middle TN. They ate more pecans than anything on that island

redblood

Poser said:
It's so odd that the PI deer eat Kentucky coffee pods. I have never seen deer anywhere else eat those. The are had hard as rocks, too. I don't see how the deer digest them. But that seems to be the primary browse for the deer this time of year. Oak trees are scarce out there and acorns are even more scarce. Lots of persimmons, but I didn't find any droppings around the persimmon trees. I ended up in the same general area I always end up in and there are lots of coffee trees.

good luck. hope u kill one of those PI monsters. some hosses came out of there two years back.

recurve60#

Poser said:
Showed up today and realized that the scouting day was yesterday. I'm an idiot as this morning would have been the best conditions to hunt -its going to be windy and stormy most of the weekend. Oh well. Got me a setup in place for the Southernly wind tomorrow. I had to do quite a bit of walking to find any concentration of feeding sign. We'll see what happens.

And you got to scout anyway?????

Crosshairy

I'm allergic to yellowjackets in particular (no other stinging insect has caused a reaction in me, though). What an adventure!

Poser,
I got drawn for this coming weekend's doe hunt. Looks like the weather will be a bit kinder to me than you experienced.

Did you use a 4-wheeler, or hoof it all the time? I've done both on previous hunts, but so far my success rate has been the same - seen deer, but did not have open shots.

WRbowhunter

2nd year in a row I got drawn for the doe hunt and was not able to make it. Had a brief moment where I thought about going Saturday afternoon but just did not feel like making the drive. Oh well maybe next year.

Latest posts