Personal best.

TraumaSlave

Been out as much as possible with more time spent in ml and now gun. Let the locals walk. Last day of ml, a beast comes crashing through hot on a doe's trail. No chance of stopping him or taking a good shot. About 30 minutes later, a nice 6 comes from the way he went. Couldn't pass him up @ 20yrds. Gun opener, I let my son take lead. I was just on coyote watch with a suppressed toy. He let a few small locals go. Yesterday, I sat until 0900 and had to move and pee. Hadnt seen a thing all morning. Leaned my rifle against the front of the swingstand and thought "dummy, thats a reach if something comes out.... ehh, just gunna be a minute." Get down, drop fly and proceed ro start watering the grass. Look up and there stands the biggest rack I have ever seen around me. Cut flow and replaced my self and reached up for my rifle. Get my elbow rested on the side and get a shot off. Big mule kick and off he ran. My son came running out of the house and we started looking for blood. Not a drop to be found. Running to the street, we went there for easy blood find on the road. Not a drop. Looked around across the street. Not a drop. Ok, let's go back to the start and begin again. Get back across the street and there he was, in all his glory. Big 8, my personal best rack size. Shot took his from shoulder out and grenaded his heart and lungs. 308 Australian Outback ammo with 165 gamekings. Found the bullet between ribs and skin. Almost exited.
Wife isn't too happy with another one for the wall but, the rule is it has to be bigger than what's up there.

Attachments

• 20211124_093853.jpg
    20211124_093853.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 452