Permethrin ?

TN Larry

Martins 10% non-petroleum based mixed 1 oz to 16 oz of water. I bought a small pump sprayer that's around 30 to 40 oz off of Amazon and use it to apply.

Works really well.

Spurhunter

That's what I use. I mixed my own once, accurately down to the drop. I soaked my clothes, let them dry a couple days, then wore them turkey hunting. I had ticks crawling on my freshly treated clothes. Granted this was with Gordon's. I went back to Sawyer's and never looked back. Not as cheap as mixing your own, but I KNOW when I use Sawyer's I won't find a tick on me.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

knightrider

That's what I use. I mixed my own once, accurately down to the drop. I soaked my clothes, let them dry a couple days, then wore them turkey hunting. I had ticks crawling on my freshly treated clothes. Granted this was with Gordon's. I went back to Sawyer's and never looked back. Not as cheap as mixing your own, but I KNOW when I use Sawyer's I won't find a tick on me.
All i will use because it works!!! If it cost three times as much im buying it, havnt had a tick since i started using it years ago

Andy S.

Martin's 10% , the water based kind that don't stink. Mix is 1 part Martin's and 15 parts water = dead ticks and chiggers.
Ditto! Exactly what I do with exact same product. I buy at local CO-OP or Stockdales if you have those in your area. Pre-treat day before and let the product dry to provide maximum protection and defense.

Gravey

I have wondered about mixing up some using the stuff from tractor supply, Much cheaper than what the sporting goods stores sell.
That's what I use and mix it 16:1.

Gordon's is petroleum based and has a smell. I also found it to be not very effective.
It has a little smell but nothing bad. I've always used it and never a problem with ticks.
IMG_6226.jpeg

Spurhunter

It has a little smell but nothing bad. I've always used it and never a problem with ticks.
It doesn't exactly stink, but it's not a smell I want to smell hour after hour for days and weeks. My main complaint was the first day I had ticks crawling on my pants like they weren't treated. Maybe I got a bad batch. 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts