Percy priest WMA squirrel hunting

Dugan0311

Good evening everyone, I just got out of the Marine Corps and moved back to TN. I moved to la vergne and right down the road is Percy priest WMA unit 1. I'd like to get out and do some squirrel hunting while I can but I'm not sure if you're allowed to use a .22 or not.? If you're not allowed to use .22 rimfire would I be allowed to use .22 air rifle? Thanks!!
Ps. It doesn't state this clearly in the regulations for the WMA.

Laxxxxxx

Good evening everyone, I just got out of the Marine Corps and moved back to TN. I moved to la vergne and right down the road is Percy priest WMA unit 1. I'd like to get out and do some squirrel hunting while I can but I'm not sure if you're allowed to use a .22 or not.? If you're not allowed to use .22 rimfire would I be allowed to use .22 air rifle? Thanks!!
Ps. It doesn't state this clearly in the regulations for the WMA.
Call the law. They are very good about answering your questions. I inquired about that wma and got a quick response. I'll say this though where I hunted I didn't see many squirrels unless I brought my boat and hopped across the water.

Weegee

I hunt unit 1 frequently, but usually for deer. I've seen lots of squirrels there, though. I don't work for the TWRA, but my understanding is that you cannot use a centerfire rifle. Rimfires are fine.

Latest posts