Panama City guides?

Kimberman

I am going to Panama City Labor day week, and was wanting to do some deep sea fishing.(no trolling) Does anybody have any first hand experience with a guide that they would reccomend.

Hook1

Captin Bob on the Gotta Believe 1-850-234-9409,,,he's located on the Treasure ship side of the marina in Panama,,,last trip out we brought home over 200lbs of fish,,,I have taken my last 3 trips out with them,,,good guys,,,good fishermen.

Kirk

Hook1 said:
Captin Bob on the Gotta Believe 1-850-234-9409,,,he's located on the Treasure ship side of the marina in Panama,,,last trip out we brought home over 200lbs of fish,,,I have taken my last 3 trips out with them,,,good guys,,,good fishermen.

The guys name is Bobby Robinette and he runs a first class operation. I have fished on his boats for at least 20 years and have never had a complaint. You need to make it clear that you want to bottom fish and do not want to troll. There are some good wrecks and man made reefs he will fish. Lots of Snapper, Beeliners and other fish.

I would suggest a high speed troll coming out of the mouth of
St Andrew Bay. I hooked into a Sailfish just as you clear the jetties about 15 years ago. Had it hooked for about 10 minutes and it got off. It broke water 4 times so we got a real good look at it. It was about 4.5 feet long. It was the greatest thrill I have ever had fishing.

Here is his website:

Gottabelieve Charters

Hook1

Last trip out with him we fast trolled till we got to where we were going to bottom fish,,,we hooked into a 40lb Wahoo,,,that was exciting to say the least,,,we didn't put him in the boat ethier,,,but my wife had her hands full ;) ,,,and that was what our last trip was about,,,he asked what I expected, I told him I wanted my wife and boys to have fun and a good experience,,,they put 24 dorado's in the boat,,,a limit of red snapper,,,1 30+lb king and 3 grouper's over 30,,,211lbs is what we brought to the dock,,,their a little pricey,,,but they all are anymore,,,I would not do the head boats,,,it's just not the same experience,,,Cap'n Rob,,,Cap'n Bob's son is who I've fished with my last 3 trips and he has always put us and kept us on the fish,,,good luck and bring us home a fish tale :)

Latest posts