PAC 12

Scioto

...... is 1-7 in this year's bowl season. We shouldn't read too much into that, as these are glorified exhibition games and some players are sitting out or are "injured" but still a bad look by a conference that complains about not getting respect because of late TV times during the season.

Don't gang up too much though SEC fans. You guys are currently 1-3.

PalsPal

Scioto":15zbyszz said:
And now that the Big Ten is 7-0 and didn't get into the CFP will not go unnoticed.

Sure it will, unless you're a B10 fan :tu: !

I will say that Wiscy and PS looked very good though. PS will probably be in the playoff next year.

Scioto

The individual games are meaningless in the sense that they aren't played to determine a national champion.

On the whole, however, when a second team from the same conference is placed into the CFP on the basis of a subjective "eye test" over the champion of another conference when said champion had far better wins over 4 top 10 teams, 3 from that conference, and that conference goes undefeated in bowls, there's meaning to be found there. Now eSECspiN won't cover that, but it's there.

Scioto

PalsPal":2ikwgj6n said:
Scioto":2ikwgj6n said:
And now that the Big Ten is 7-0 and didn't get into the CFP will not go unnoticed.

Sure it will, unless you're a B10 fan :tu: !

I will say that Wiscy and PS looked very good though. PS will probably be in the playoff next year.

I doubt Barkley will return but Penn State will be very tough. Michigan State returns 19 starters and about the same for Michigan. Ohio State will reload and has PSU and MSU on the road. The Big Ten East will be even more of a beast next year.

nitro_z17

Scioto":19pgwjcl said:
The individual games are meaningless in the sense that they aren't played to determine a national champion.

On the whole, however, when a second team from the same conference is placed into the CFP on the basis of a subjective "eye test" over the champion of another conference when said champion had far better wins over 4 top 10 teams, 3 from that conference, and that conference goes undefeated in bowls, there's meaning to be found there. Now eSECspiN won't cover that, but it's there.

let it go! You nailed it a month and a half ago, "I think the bad Iowa loss keeps Ohio State out this year like the Oklahoma win got them in last year. IMO neither are/were right decisions. Bama doesn't have better quality of wins but can't lose to Iowa by 31!"

Scioto

buckaroo":rg75c6j7 said:
I understand what your saying, but the last several years OSU got way too much credit, and got killed in any game with substance

Define "any game of substance."

Scioto

nitro_z17":oil3tsc0 said:
Scioto":oil3tsc0 said:

let it go! You nailed it a month and a half ago, "I think the bad Iowa loss keeps Ohio State out this year like the Oklahoma win got them in last year. IMO neither are/were right decisions. Bama doesn't have better quality of wins but can't lose to Iowa by 31!"

Conf championships don't matter right? So maybe it should have been Wisconsin. They looked much better in their loss than either Alabama or Ohio State did in theirs. Eye test right? Metrics and data don't matter.

Scioto

BamaProud":3g3qc4ex said:
Conference Championships matter a great deal, but so does losing at home to Oklahoma and getting blown out by Iowa.

Easy to say when Fresno State was one of Bama's top 3 wins.

I now see that Notre Dame wants to schedule more cup cakes like Bama since the Committee shared the road map this year.

ImThere

RobbyW":1lultljz said:
I could give 55 reasons OSU was left out......never mind Iowa beat me to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thays funny right there!

leader

The only difference in PAC 12 fans can Ohio State fans and UT fans....

UT fans know we suck right now[emoji2]

Zulu

RobbyW":12sc0z3h said:
I could give 55 reasons OSU was left out......never mind Iowa beat me to it

I was gonna steer clear of the dead horse this thread has become, but THAT quote is at least worth a golf-clap. Well played.

Latest posts