out west do it yourself....

tickweed

Most everyone I know that puts in for any draw rifle muley tag in Co. takes on average 3 yrs. to get drawn. If you are going to Co., I would at least put in for a unit that does have an antler point restriction. I went 13 years in a row, starting in the mid 90's, and we had several years we had deer tags. My brother and I took two bucks in 95 that both scored in the mid 170's, not monsters, but nice public land deer. We hunted Elk hunted every year after, and seen plenty of legal bucks, but none very big. Then in 2007, we only had elk tags, but we saw some dandys. What I would have gave for a deer tag that year. Nothing like being in the Rockies!

cullbuck1

Wyoming has non-resident general region tags. From talking to friends, its pretty easy to be drawn for deer each year in some regions. For elk, many I've talked to get drawn about every other year they apply in my area of Western WY. Lots of detail I've not mentioned, but there are plenty of out of state tags for antelope, mule deer, and elk in Wyoming if you stay away from the low % draw 'trophy' units. May try Eastman's Journal--they usually have lots of Western state info on units, etc.

$$$--2010 WY-non resident general & limited quota tags costs: elk--$591, Deer-$326, antelope--$286. Youth tags are much cheaper. Reduced price tags are a lot cheaper, but usually female tags only. "Special tags" are about double the price of the general & limited qota tags listed above, but increase your drawing odds significantly.

Jim H

I met a guy the other day who says he go's to Colorado every year and elk hunts by himself. He has a ton of fun and is successful at it.

swami

Corey,you can always fall back on a diy antelope if you don't draw a tag for elk,mule deer.Makes a good starter hunt for out west & you can reseach other area for other game while there.I would suggest gillete,wyoming.Always left over tags.Got some public land,walk in areas & hunt welcome center that will help you for this hunt & future hunts.I can be more specific if you need.

Latest posts