Other than ruger

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
Not necessarily excited about it, because I have my lease in Arkansas, but feel lucky this year.

Crazyeye

I am always excited about duck season. That is why i was always willing to show up for one Saturday for the drawing. They have ruined that excitement for me. I feel like i have about as much chance at winning the mega millions as drawing a blind. They couldn't stop the buying and selling of blinds when there was a dozen agents right there, they for sure are not going to stop it now. I have never bought a blind before but if anyone draws one and wants to sell it just let me know. I will pay what it is worth depending on how good it is. If anyone knows any of the commissioners let them know I will buy there spot from them when they or their friends get drawn. I will set it up and guide them if they want. I always wanted to be a duckstitute.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I am always excited about duck season. That is why i was always willing to show up for one Saturday for the drawing. They have ruined that excitement for me. I feel like i have about as much chance at winning the mega millions as drawing a blind. They couldn't stop the buying and selling of blinds when there was a dozen agents right there, they for sure are not going to stop it now. I have never bought a blind before but if anyone draws one and wants to sell it just let me know. I will pay what it is worth depending on how good it is. If anyone knows any of the commissioners let them know I will buy there spot from them when they or their friends get drawn. I will set it up and guide them if they want. I always wanted to be a duckstitute.
They could have stopped it, but didn't. As for drawing, If I drew a blind that someone offered me 8-16k for and I didn't have to do anything but hunt someplace else, I'd be a fool to not take them up on it. Ain't a duck hole on any WMA in TN worth that amount of money.

Dodge Man

They could have stopped it, but didn't. As for drawing, If I drew a blind that someone offered me 8-16k for and I didn't have to do anything but hunt someplace else, I'd be a fool to not take them up on it. Ain't a duck hole on any WMA in TN worth that amount of money.
Not to the common working man, but I know blinds that lease for well above that now. $25,000 a year is not uncommon and some lease for $100,000 a year now.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Not to the common working man, but I know blinds that lease for well above that now. $25,000 a year is not uncommon and some lease for $100,000 a year now.
Those are private lands spots, and there isn't a spot worth that amount to me anywhere in TN, especially if you're talking 2k ducks or less a year. They're probably worth that to an outfitter running 5-8 folks out all 60 days of a season for 250 a day a person for each blind on them, but that isn't me.

Dodge Man

Those are private lands spots, and there isn't a spot worth that amount to me anywhere in TN, especially if you're talking 2k ducks or less a year. They're probably worth that to an outfitter running 5-8 folks out all 60 days of a season for 250 a day a person for each blind on them, but that isn't me.
They are worth it to people with money who enjoy duck hunting will pay for them. The high dollar spots I know of a not leased by guides. They are l leased buy corporations and individuals with lots of disposable income. Some of those spots don't even get hunted but a few times a year. They are money/ tax write offs. They uses them as entertainment for business clients.

Last edited:

THE DUKE

They are worth it to people with money who enjoy duck hunting. The high dollar spots I know of a not leased by guides. They are l leased buy corporations and individuals with lots of disposable income. Some of those spots don't even get hunted but a few times a year. They are money/ tax write offs. They uses them as entertainment for business clients.
Wish I had that problem.

OldGoat68

We used to enjoy going to the blind drawings. Buy the newest stuff from the dealers set up there. Visit with friends or make new ones. Sit in the sun and wait for the chance to hear your name called. Man that was fun. Now i have a free weekend, and all that money that would get spent in TN goes to Arkansas. A real family tradition was ruined.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
We used to enjoy going to the blind drawings. Buy the newest stuff from the dealers set up there. Visit with friends or make new ones. Sit in the sun and wait for the chance to hear your name called. Man that was fun. Now i have a free weekend, and all that money that would get spent in TN goes to Arkansas. A real family tradition was ruined.
Yep.

Latest posts