Optics?

74MOPAR

Thinking of trying some kind of sights or scope/ red dot for my turkey gun. It's a Remington 870 express super magnum 12 gauge. Anything worth having in the $75 - $100 range ? Thanks for any info.

deerfever

Bushnell TRS-25, Mueller quick shot and Tru glo gobble stopper. I have had all three, all meet your criteria and will do the trick. The Mueller has different choices for the red dot reticle, the Tru glo you can choose from a red or green circle dot on the scope as it has both and the Bushnell is a compact red dot, I just put it on a 410 and believe I will like it. When you look at them you will see all are different styles and it just depends on which style you like. Each one is in your price range.

catman529

I love my Truglo gobble stopper. It's mounted on a side saddle mount that has a groove underneath where I can use the bead on the barrel if the sight ever malfunctioned. The sight looks like a small scope but is just a red dot and i like it.

cbhunter

Bushnell TRS-25, Mueller quick shot and Tru glo gobble stopper. I have had all three, all meet your criteria and will do the trick. The Mueller has different choices for the red dot reticle, the Tru glo you can choose from a red or green circle dot on the scope as it has both and the Bushnell is a compact red dot, I just put it on a 410 and believe I will like it. When you look at them you will see all are different styles and it just depends on which style you like. Each one is in your price range.
Liking the looks of the mueller. May be the route I go on new build

Granddaddy

Just curious.... for those of you who use optics on your shotgun, what is your motivation? I have never used anything except the sights that come on the shotgun. Frankly I've never believed I missed because of the sights at 40yds. I used a friend's shotgun duck hunting to evaluate his reflex-type optics & found them a distraction relative to lead.

Bgoodman30

Just curious.... for those of you who use optics on your shotgun, what is your motivation? I have never used anything except the sights that come on the shotgun. Frankly I've never believed I missed because of the sights at 40yds. I used a friend's shotgun duck hunting to evaluate his reflex-type optics & found them a distraction relative to lead.

Well you've never missed and that's great.. Wish I could say the same....

Granddaddy

Well you've never missed and that's great.. Wish I could say the same....
Didn't say I'd never missed. Just said I haven't missed where I could blame the sights. Sure I've missed -- mis-judged distance, pulled off, shot over the bird etc., but I've always faulted me, the shooter, not my sights.

PalsPal

My motivation to go to a 4x scope was mainly lowlight of early morning. I had a bird come right in on an overcast morning in thick canopy. He stepped into view and stopped. He stood there for the longest and I thought he was partially behind a tree. But when he finally moved again, he was actually in front if the tree. It was too late for a shot then.

With a scope, I would have known and he would have come home with me.

Plus it helps judge distance.

Latest posts