Opening Weekend Pictures

baller_9

Had to give up deer hunting for a few days and head to Mississippi for Opening weekend. This is a few pictures from Sunday morning. We had seven guys with us that morning and my pup Ace got a great workout. Hard to see all of them but we ended up getting our 42 ducks. Shot a lot of Gadwalls while it was cloudy but as soon as the sun came out we started killing the mallards. The first picture is about half way through the hunt.

101_0797.jpg

101_07982.jpg

baller_9

WingNut said:
SWEET! Nothing like hunting the timber.

I always tell people I'd rather shoot half as many in the timber than twice as many in a field. Nothing better than seeing them drop their feet and fall in a timber hole with my dog breathing so hard I think he's going to pass out from excitment!

baller_9

big B said:
Great hunt,hope we have some water in the timber after the split in Arkansas.

I haven't even bought my Arkansas License yet due to the water. I believe if we have a few more good showers it could turn out to be a great year in Arkansas too but until then I won't get my hopes up.

baller_9

Str8Shooter said:
I've never been duck huntin before. is it normal to get that many ducks in one day?

I would not say normal. We'll have a few days like this a year so it's not always like that. I usually only hunt with 3 or 4 people and we'll kill our limit if the ducks are there but it all depends on the year, water levels and weather. The last several years have been up and down so I'm glad it's looking good for this year. I actually don't like hunting with that many guys in one hole but my dog Ace loves it and I like to watch him retrieve.

Latest posts