• Help Support TNDeer:

Opening week

striperhunter90

The weather here is looking to be in the mid to upper 50's and maybe 60's at end of week. I have off that whole week wish it was going to be a little warmer in the beginning.

Whats yalls idea weather?

I haven't seen any long distance forecast. But to answer your post, I will be hunting unless it is tornadic. If it is big thunderstorms and lighting I will wait in the truck or house before heading out.

But in a perfect world, I would like for it to be about 45-50 degrees at daylight with no clouds and a heavy, heavy dew. During the day warming up to about 70 degrees, with zero wind and zero clouds.

woodsman87 said:
I haven't seen any long distance forecast. But to answer your post, I will be hunting unless it is tornadic. If it is big thunderstorms and lighting I will wait in the truck or house before heading out.

But in a perfect world, I would like for it to be about 45-50 degrees at daylight with no clouds and a heavy, heavy dew. During the day warming up to about 70 degrees, with zero wind and zero clouds.
x2, except I would prefer a low of 40 and high of 65 or so. With that said, I'll be out there hunting all week regardless of the weather, barring any tornadic activity.

Turkey season is too short and I don't get to go enough to wait on weather. And to me it aint like deer hunting in the way that they are very killable from day one to the last day, where it seems like there is only about a 10 day period to have a good chance at a mature buck.

Too answer the OP question again, if I was hunting public land I would want it to be the foulest weather there could be. That would make less hunters be out there.

Latest posts

Back