Opening Day Is Here!

Specializedjon

So you're sayin there's a chance?

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

rem270

Some of the worst turkey calling I ever heard came from a real hen
6 or 7 years ago I went out the morning of the Ky Juvi hunt to listen for turkeys. I got there late and they had already flown down. Seen 3 strutting in a field below me so I just sat back and watched. Not long after I heard a hen call to my left not 75 yards away. Sounded like someone on a dang box call ( I hate those calls). I immediately took off down the ridge because I thought someone had snuck in on me going after the turkeys I was watching. I walked about 40 yards and seen the calling was from a group of hens that had another Tom behind them. Sounded like complete crap from the real hens but had me fooled it was someone calling lol.

philsanchez76

Good luck y'all. Wasn't able to do any pre season scouting or listening this year, so gonna start off on a piece of public that had a lot of turkey during deer season. Hopefully some of them are still around. We will see how crowded the public is opening day too. Can be a lot of shooting going on. If you don't see any posts from me after a while, assume I died doing what I love.

PalsPal

WHAT?

No one is doing a self-imposed, one-week delay to allow the dominant gobblers more time?

I thought we'd all be doing that :D !

On a serious note, I do have one parcel that has several hens, but so far only one gobbler has shown on camera. So, we will hold off on that spot for a couple of weeks unless the trail cam starts telling us something different.

Good luck, be safe, and hunt the way you want to hunt!

Latest posts