OOPS...

catman529

Left a 5 gallon can of 50:1 mix in the boat, the nozzle doesn't have a stopper so I had a bag over it with a rubber band.

No problem there, until at some point while fishing from shore at camp, enough boat wakes hit my boat and turned over the gas can. I was about to pack everything up into the boat when I saw blue all in the bottom. Had to bail it into my 5 gallon bait bucket, almost 4 gallons of gas spilled.

That will take a while to burn off in the campfire, so now I have to try to funnel it into my other gas can which is used to hold diesel for fire starter. But I don't have a funnel, just a Gatorade bottle, not sure how this is gonna work.

Probably the dumbest I have goofed up since owning this boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catman529

I used a Gatorade bottle and got about half the bucket into the fuel can. The rest gave the campfire a good boost, lol. If something would have ignited that gas in the bottom of my boat it would have been screwed. Got everything loaded up and back home, only fish biting today were carp, caught 6 of em, broke my favorite fishing rod too

94a2705d0c2c01012a0c62e2e4af7368.jpg

ImThere

What a mess. Glad you didn't have carpet in there to ruin!! Be carful I imagine it's slick in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

ImThere":qscmlod9 said:
What a mess. Glad you didn't have carpet in there to ruin!! Be carful I imagine it's slick in there

it was real slick at first but seemed to dry up pretty fast. Not near as bad as when a bottle of gear lube leaked all over the floor. That was slick...used half a gallon of simple green to clean that

ImThere

catman529":36g17n5u said:
ImThere":36g17n5u said:

it was real slick at first but seemed to dry up pretty fast. Not near as bad as when a bottle of gear lube leaked all over the floor. That was slick...used half a gallon of simple green to clean that

I bet that was slick. Use purple power next time.

catman529

fairchaser":3b09ppae said:
Are you gonna reuse the fuel. It should be ok but you might strain it through some cheesecloth.
shoot no! It got all mixed with dirty bilge water. It's fire starting fuel now. For an ethanol free campfire.

catman529

rsimms":1ep8nxfa said:
Any post by Catman and the Subject Line "Oops" is ALWAYS going to be a good story. ;)
I'm just glad it didn't turn into a "better" story

ImThere

catman529":3glvk9bj said:
rsimms":3glvk9bj said:
Any post by Catman and the Subject Line "Oops" is ALWAYS going to be a good story. ;)

I'm glad he wasn't using a lighter to see in the dark!! That would have been a story!

catman529

ImThere":3cv0ltq2 said:
catman529":3cv0ltq2 said:
rsimms":3cv0ltq2 said:

I'm glad he wasn't using a lighter to see in the dark!! That would have been a story!

Shoot yea I wouldn't have much of a boat left at least not a usable one, lol. It didn't spill till the day time when people started driving boats all over the lake

Latest posts