Only my 3rd one ever

Atchman2

Yesterday, I couldn't go deer hunting. Probably a good thing since it was the first day of rifle season. Instead I got out my Techforce Jet. I don't shoot it a lot since it is a bear to chocolate chip cookie. On top of that I had scavenged the scope off of it for another project. The scope I have left is a little 4x scope. It was an air rifle scope that I "re-purposed" for my muzzleloader. I think I killed 10 deer using that scope. That gun deserved a scope upgrade so the little scope languished in the graveyard until yesterday.

Yesterday, I put it on a one piece mount that I had in the archives. At first it was way off. Eventually I dialed it in close at 10 yards. Then I went out to 20 yards. It was reasonably accurate putting most shots in a 1/2" target. Just a difficult rifle to shoot. Probably should go back to heavier pellets, but all I had were CPHPs. Like I said with better pellets I could probably dial it in better.

So after some target practice on cans and some small toy balls (golf ball sized). at 30 yards. I was confident that I could take out a coon or possum later in the evening. I sat the gun next to the backdoor ready to go.

When I came home from Church today, I saw the trees moving in the backyard. I strongly suspected squirrels since I had just filled up the bird feeder. Instead I saw an entire flock of crows! I had to shut up Toby the Wonder Dog, since he was going crazy (when I pick up a gun he thinks that a squirrel is going to hit the ground). There was one crow that was by itself on a limb. He really couldn't see me through the vines on the tree. So I had a key hole shot. I steadied the scope and THWACK! The crow fell like a rock and Toby took off like a bolt to get him. Since Toby does not retrieve birds he just chewed on it a bit, but he found it quickly. Anyway, this was only my third crow ever! :)

Attachments

• 20181118_133453.jpg
    20181118_133453.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,963
  • 20181118_133522.jpg
    20181118_133522.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,961

Latest posts