One down

bigtex

And one to go.
Had a fun hunt yesterday evening. The wind was perfect for one of my favorite stands so I figured I'd give it a try.
Got settled in and discovered I had left my thermacell back at the house. Man, those skeeters were relentless!!
Long story short, saw a couple of turkeys and shortly after heard something running toward me. I thought great here comes the neighbors dog. Turned out to be a deer but it is so thick in there I couldn't make out what it was. I heard another one coming and it looked like it would cross a small opening in front of me. I quickly ranged it at 37 yds, as soon as I saw antlers I softly grunted to stop it and let the 125 gr Spitfire eat.
Perfect shot, no trailing required I heard him crash less than 100 yds from my stand.
Looks like backstrap and fried taters for dinner tonight!!
2021 8 point.jpg

Attachments

• 8point2021.jpg
    8point2021.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 341

Pioneer1789

And one to go.
Had a fun hunt yesterday evening. The wind was perfect for one of my favorite stands so I figured I'd give it a try.
Got settled in and discovered I had left my thermacell back at the house. Man, those skeeters were relentless!!
Long story short, saw a couple of turkeys and shortly after heard something running toward me. I thought great here comes the neighbors dog. Turned out to be a deer but it is so thick in there I couldn't make out what it was. I heard another one coming and it looked like it would cross a small opening in front of me. I quickly ranged it at 37 yds, as soon as I saw antlers I softly grunted to stop it and let the 125 gr Spitfire eat.
Perfect shot, no trailing required I heard him crash less than 100 yds from my stand.
Looks like backstrap and fried taters for dinner tonight!!View attachment 114917
Nice buck! 👍

Latest posts