One down

bigtex

And one to go.
Been tough this year, been seeing very few deer here on the "farm". This is the first year in many that I haven't killed at least one with a bow. M/L hasn't been much better, after many sits in the stand I have seen a total of four does and zero bucks. The freezer is getting low and I was having regrets about not killing a doe with my M/L but as we have few deer here I really hate killing does.
Got in the stand this morning not expecting much, sat till around 9:00 [Eastern time] and didn't see anything. The wind was really bad so I decided to get down and since it's supposed to rain I figured I would do a little scouting knowing that the rain would hopefully wash my scent away.
Was walking a logging road that borders a clear cut and luckily this little guy walked right up to me. The old Remington M/L did it's thing!!!
Not the largest buck i've ever killed but after not seeing hardly anything all season I didn't hesitate to shoot, heck I would of shot him if he had been a spike.

treefarmer

I've got the older style Remington M/L and love it. It isn't easy to clean but it sure is accurate with a 300g .452 XTP. Nice deer, will fill the freezer. Would make a good European mount too.

bigtex

treefarmer":6vuhpauq said:
I've got the older style Remington M/L and love it. It isn't easy to clean but it sure is accurate with a 300g .452 XTP. Nice deer, will fill the freezer. Would make a good European mount too.
Yep, I do love my old Remington, I thought about converting it to smokeless but heck it's so accurate the way it is I just couldn't see doing it. Yes, it's a pain to clean but well worth the trouble.
I'm thinking a Euro mount myself and yes I am truly blessed to have some fresh meat for the freezer.

Latest posts