On the board with a Bonus

Simpleman.2

Well this year is the first year I've ever missed the opener. Today was the first chance I've had to get in the stand. I didn't see anything this morning so I repositioned to some white oaks this evening. Not long into the hunt I had this doe come in I shot her at 40yrds. Ran about 100yrds and died in the creek. Well here's where it gets good. As I was preparing to field dress the deer I saw some antlers barely sticking up out of the dirt. I ended pulling this stud out the bottom. The creek had slowly washed dirt over it and covered it up. Looked like it had been there for a good while. Definitely the biggest buck skull/shed I've ever found. Im guessing it's in the 140s. Gonna put a tape on it soon and find out.
127e9b28606da24117a51a1b8cbfcfe8.jpg
0674054001543fc469d744b8eff726df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpleman.2

double browtine":1cdiwjld said:
Congrats! I think you might need to contact TWRA to get a tag for the buck skull. Seems like I remember reading on here where you have to tag the skull if it is picked up during the hunting season.

I didn't know that. I'll look in the hunting guide and see if I can find anything on that.

Simpleman.2

Poleaxe":3g8nuchd said:
Should've called your brother to come gut her. Lol

Haha yeah I should of. If he wasn't in class I would've hooked a rope up to it and let him pull it out lol

Simpleman.2

Ladys man":3f76jg2e said:
That's what I call a good hunt, antlers in hand no tag punched and freezer meat lol

Yeah I was pretty excited.

Latest posts