Ole boy made it another year

Rackseeker

Have been watching this buck for several years now. I haven't really hunted him that much, I don't know how old he is but I'm going to guess he is somewhere around 6.5 - 7 years old. Glad to see nobody got him last season. As you can see in the first two he has been in the same location in Jan. every year.

095-1.jpg

108_zps94ff0197.jpg

1201_zpsf89a77f9.jpg

Rackseeker

redblood said:
BHC said:
Got a neck on him... He looks like he's got testosterone issue...

just rare to see truly mature buck. that is definitely one

I first got pics of him in 2011 and didnt hunt him hoping he would add some antler growth. But he never really got any bigger. I have my eye on the 8pt thats in the most recent pic with him. He has grown alot since last year. He should be a dandy next year. Where these deer are I can see why he hasnt got killed. Really steep terrain, most of the time they know you are coming before you get in there.

Southern Sportsman

I guess he's done growing but what an awesome trophy he would be just knowing he's been around so long. No telling how many he's fathered that have long since been killed and he's still around. You ever seen him live?

Rackseeker

I have never laid eyes on him that I know of. I havent spent alot of time hunting him because I end up getting on better deer. Where he is during hunting season he will be tough to kill. It is really steep in there and the bucks in there use the wind and thermals to their advantage to stay alive. I have a spot that I think I could kill him during late season.

Latest posts