Oak Ridge and Chuck Swan Quota Hunts

String Music

I just randomly decided to put in for these hunts for the first time. What's the success rate on getting drawn without points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tn24

I always get drawn every other year for Chuck Swan so that means you would probably need 1 point to get drawn. I don't know about Oak Ridge.

PickettSFHunter

Just saw this. Took me 2 points to get that Chuck Swan first hunt last season. I have been denied Oak Ridge before with 0 points. Never stuck with it long enough to actually draw as the limit of 2 days doesn't interest me so even though I pretty well know where the birds are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setterman

Good for chuck swan, although I wouldn't waste a day there anymore. If you can get drawn for the ore season hunt it's cool but the bird numbers are bad and googan numbers high

PickettSFHunter

I feel like the sheer amount of googanery on TN quota hunts has to do with the large amount of people that are drawn. TN quota turkey hunts are just simply to crowded. Yes Chuck Swan was full of googans on last years hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deerfever

Chuck swan used to draw 125 people instead of 150 and they had more hunts. For some reason they decided to put 25 more on each hunt and end them in mid April. I am not complaining as I am sure they had a reason. I can remember when the last hunt went to the first week of May.

cowhunter71

Chuck Swan has been full of googans every year I've been there, as has been every quota hunt I have drawn in any state. Still a quality hunt in my opinion, though. In the almost 14 years I been hunting it, I've been fortunate to kill several Gobblers there. Have never been there without not having the opportunity to "engage" multiple gobbling turkeys. I deal with googans all season long. Although they mess me up from time to time, I look forward to the entertainment they provide me throughout the season and thank them for making it possible for me to have Gobblers to hunt each year :p

Latest posts