NWTF Show

tasaman

Was there yesterday and NO! Well there are but probably not anything you need. lol I still want one of those turkey leather wallets though.

LanceS4803

The turkey wallets were cool. Kind of pricey and they were already running out of several models on Sat afternoon.

Other than that, I didn't find a lot of vendors I was hoping to see:
Vortex Optics
Buck Knives
Hoyt
Mathews

Mo Jo was there but had no parts
Rhino Blinds went up dramatically in price

catman529

I love lookin at the Nature Blinds, they are awesome, but with the high price they are for the yeti costa north face crowd,.....lol JK

Probably the best thing I got was a set of mossy oak bottomlands camo at a discount, not a super great discount but I was willing to spend the money either way. Also bought a mouth call from Gooserbat which I had wanted in the past and forgot about, that call sounds good.

It was my 2nd year going, and I don't really go to find great deals as much as I go to spend a few hrs looking at all the stuff, trying calls, and buying something here and there if I like it.

Sent from the talk of tap

allchokedup

I picked up the Browning Phantom X blind for $160.00. Not a bad deal.
Really enjoyed the Convention, but it seems like every year there are less and less call makers there.
I could be wrong, but I think they are charging too high of prices for the call makers to make a profit. ??
The main reason I go there is to check out the turkey calls.
I did pick up some mouth calls and a David Halloran pot call ( Metal Mouth). Wasn't cheap, but I understand for what they have to pay for a booth.

go_okfishin

catman529":3piw6xr6 said:
Roost 1":3piw6xr6 said:
Catman, which call did you get?
bacon

I picked up a "Hillbilly" mouth call from Gooserbat, runs real good. May have to try some more of his calls. 2 box calls from Preston Pittman made for the 2015 convention, only 20 made, signed and numbered. And a Lonzo glass to replace one I had stolen from me a couple of years ago.

PillsburyDoughboy

I was really disappointed. Was looking for some of those 89 ground blinds from last year and they were way up. Did get a braided bow sling I have been wanting and a $20 NWT reversible vest. Wound up going to Wal mart afterwards and they had slick tricks on closeout for $15 . Bought all they had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

I was disappointed that there were very few custom call makers there. I kinda wanted a custom tube call. I didn't get down every isle but the ones I did I wasn't impressed. Glad I got to David Holloran's booth before he sold out.
It would be wonderful if next year they would put all the duck and goose callers in one room at the other end of the parking lot!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

PillsburyDoughboy

Too much bullcrap jewelry and non hunting stuff there. This year. I'm all for the occasional industry related to things other than gear and stuff but way to many B.s vendors there. They also had a lot of empty both space. Gotta wonder if they consider a better rate for the booths that larger companies like Leupold, Mathews and Swarovski might decide to make a presence. This show is greatly declining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

catman529

Tennessee Lead":dyp1f2u7 said:
I was disappointed that there were very few custom call makers there. I kinda wanted a custom tube call. I didn't get down every isle but the ones I did I wasn't impressed. Glad I got to David Holloran's booth before he sold out.
It would be wonderful if next year they would put all the duck and goose callers in one room at the other end of the parking lot!

I agree on the duck and goose calls! Dang.

there was a trumpet wingbone call booth that had a couple chrome wingbones, they had several tube calls.

Did I ever send you a bamboo tube? If not, do you want one?

Tennessee Lead

catman529":bprjcroc said:
Tennessee Lead":bprjcroc said:

I agree on the duck and goose calls! Dang.

there was a trumpet wingbone call booth that had a couple chrome wingbones, they had several tube calls.

Did I ever send you a bamboo tube? If not, do you want one?

Dang I hate I missed that booth.
Yes I would love to try one if you have a spare.

letsgohunting

Tennessee Lead":1z9mbfb8 said:

I agree with putting the duck and goose stuff some where else!!

PillsburyDoughboy

I'm starting to minimize my turkey calls to just one of each . A box. Slate and plunger. My favorite is the Gaskins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REN

Tennessee Lead":3064yv1c said:

if you want an awesome custom tube look up Pappy on OldGobbler. he makes a keg tube call that is fantastic and very unique

gobblinfool

I took my 4 kids, while the wife went shopping at Opry Mills, we had a good time, but would have had a better time if we had known about adventure village....guess I should have done my homework. Though I took money, I didn't spend any, other than the kids lunch. I did pick up several calling cards, I want to get the Turkey umbrella. As far as calls I always go with the Tom Teaser's. Recently I just picked up a second slate from "Warbird", it has the Chris Kyle "Punisher" logo on the back. He is out of VA. I do know that the prices are outrageous that are charged.....so I use it as a lesson for my kids....location, location, location.

spoon

Was going to buy some bottomland MO camo but they wouldn't come off the 39 dollar price. Should have bought some from their web site at 11 dollars 2 weeks
Before the convention

Tennessee Lead

REN":2lpx5fot said:
Tennessee Lead":2lpx5fot said:

if you want an awesome custom tube look up Pappy on OldGobbler. he makes a keg tube call that is fantastic and very unique

I have saw those. Look nice I will send him a pm about one. Thank you.

Latest posts