NWTF Convention Rollcall!

utbeef

I picked up my 75 year old dad, and we went Friday. Got there an hour after it opened, and it was slam packed. It was the first time attending the convention for both of us, and we've been turkey hunting since they re-opened it in TN in the early 80's.
Our observation: Too crowded, no deals to be had, and now off our bucket list.

Since when did diaphragm calls start costing $15. I admit I haven't had to purchase a mouth call in some time as I bought a sackful the last time I did. The Woodhaven rep said, "These are good calls, and that's what we sell 'em for now". I said, "Well I guess we'll buy ours from some of these up-and-comers here for $8". Oh…and the "show special", was 3 for $40.

It was a great day spent with my dad, and as I dropped him off, he turned back and said, "I'll holler back at you when I'm ready to go the turkey convention again…in about 20 years." 😂

Pic IN the Casa

I picked up my 75 year old dad, and we went Friday. Got there an hour after it opened, and it was slam packed. It was the first time attending the convention for both of us, and we've been turkey hunting since they re-opened it in TN in the early 80's.

Since when did diaphragm calls start costing $15. I admit I haven't had to purchase a mouth call in some time as I bought a sackful the last time I did. The Woodhaven rep said, "These are good calls, and that's what we sell 'em for now". I said, "Well I guess we'll buy ours from some of these up-and-comers here for $8". Oh…and the "show special", was 3 for $40.

It was a great day spent with my dad, and as I dropped him off, he turned back and said, "I'll holler back at you when I'm ready to go the turkey convention again…in about 20 years." 😂
Very accurate.

30-06 type of guy

lol that's not the show special that's the everyday price 🤣. $15 is crazy tho but I will admit that they are my favorite ones that I use

Setterman

I kindly told Mike Pentecost and woodhaven to kiss my arse 20 years and don't regret it for a second. From his start building calls in his garage in the 90's he was a humble die hard true turkey hunter. Somewhere in the early 90's he turned into a pompous jerk and went off the rails.

megalomaniac

Look up Doug Smith custom calls... I think on FB and instagram... makes some really nice mouth calls for $6 each

Met him hunting national forest down here in MS a couple years ago. He gave me a handful of calls free, since then, that's pretty much all I use

deerhunter10

I really like hooks mouth calls. Still have some Woodhaven friction calls but there are as good if not better calls on the market now for less. Coop had some houndstooth calls tried them and like them to. It may just be me but I like certain cuts in mouth calls but most sound the same to me in the same cuts only thing I have noticed is some seem to last longer than others. I don't hardly run friction calls to much but I really like oak ridge game calls also splurged and got a Darrin Dawkins aluminum call but worth every penny to me. There's a lot of good call makers out there. Woodhaven has just became extremely popular and so they charge a lot more than most.