Nucanoe

Rackseeker

Anyone own a Nucanoe kayak. Looking to buy a new kayak in a week or so for fishing and hunting. Been looking at a couple different brands and models. I really like to get one that has more open deck rather than storage compartments. Stability is also factor. I like the 360 seat on the Nucanoe Frontier 12. Just wondering if they are worth the extra money. The Acsend 12T is another model I'm looking at. The 12T is about half the price of the Frontier 12.

Levee Jumper

Following this thread. Ive got an 11'-1" Old Town Predator that I've had for 15 years. Looking for a more stable kayak for big water myself.

Uncle Snowplow

That 12t is 10 inches narrower than the NuCanoe. I have been doing some research and the Unlimited or Frontier 12 are both 41" wide. That is wider than a lot of jon boats floating in lakes and rivers. I'm a bigger dude so stability is paramount. I'll likely end up getting a nucanoe and putting a motor on it for lakes and ponds.

Rollo

I currently own 2 NuCanoe Flints and have owned a Ascend 128. The Ascend is HEAVY compared to the Nucanoes, even the F12. And the plastic on the Ascends are not as good as the Nucanoe. It's very soft. So soft I wore a hole the size of a quarter in the Ascend in just a year. My Nucanoes have been beat to crap and back and still hold strong. A disclaimer on my first Flint, I did crack the hull at the scupper hole where my transducer was mounted but Nucanoe warrantied it and sent me a new hull. And didn't ask for the old one back. Solid company and solid boats.

Coop87

If you are wanting a kayak for fishing and hunting then definitely go with Nucanoe. I got a Frontier 12 a couple years ago because the open deck and stability was important when having 3 and 5 year old boys with me. I started with a 360 seat and a bench seat and a week later got another 360 seat. They are very comfortable and can customize seats with lots of options. The new Unlimited is nice but for hunting/fishing I still lean towards Frontier. You can PM me if you have any specific questions or need help with rigging options.