Now that bow season has gone out..

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
I just want to make a post I dont think anyone else has made, also since thanksgiving is just around the corner.

I am going to say thanks to everyone in the bow forum.

When I first joined this forum I had just started bow hunting although I had been shooting for years, I really didnt know how to do anything but set my sights :D . I have learned gobs off of this forum about bows, bowhunting, and shooting. I get to spend more quality time with my dad being outdoors in the early bow season with him. Bow hunting has to now be my favorite part about deer season in general. Ill probably venture out with my bow some this gun season. Overall, it has made me a better deer hunter learning deer behavior and being able to pass up more young deer. Basically better woodsmanship on paying more attention to wind, movement, cover, judging, yardages, etc. I have made lots of new friends due to bowhunting. It also gives me sometihng to do in the offseason. There is just something alot more fun about standing up, drawing,waiting on a deer and shooting it at 25 yards only to watch it fall in sight that to bang-flop one with a rifle at 200+ yards.

So all in all I credit this forum to:
making me a better hunter
getting me into bow hunting
shooting better/tighter groups
saving $$ and doing it right doin all of my own bow work.
Every deer Ive killed with a bow had sometihng to do with this forum one way or another.

Last but not least:
making new friends
I have introduced a few new bowhunters/hunters to the sport.
Spending more time with my dad and enjoying it while I can.

It may not all come into play now, but it sure will in the future as far as deer hunting and friendships go. All of that wouldnt be happening if it was this forum.

I just love bowhunting, tndeer and all of its "concequences" :)

I just want to say thanks you tndeer bow forum.

And lastly of this corny post, just for th sake of it.

-I shoot an off brand bow
-Whisker biscuits are what happens when a man with a beard makes your biscuit down at the diner before hunting and gets whiskers in it.
-speed just makes miss faster and makes your arrow go deeper in that stump so you cant unscrew your broadhead
:D

Happy early thanksgiving and happy hunting.

BB

Radar

Good post . That's what these forums are all about , shortening the learning curve , and learning about bowhunting and archery .
But the bow season isn't over , you can take your bow in the woods during the rifle season too . It's a rewarding challenge, and learning experience .
I have been doing this for a long time now , and I learn something new every year . You can learn so much about deer behavior when you are carrying a bow . It makes you a better hunter .

Radar

Secret Squirrel said:
You hit the nail on the head. I have met some really great people on TNDeer and have learned a lot.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Now let's put some deer and turkey on the table.

Sounds good . :)

JayMc

Good post Buckblaster!

When I got started in 2004 after a 10+yr layoff I started back in this forum.

Bowriter sent me a copy of his book.

Rich and Radar coached me on picking out equipment, stand setups, fletching, etc.

ldfalks (seldom posts here, but reads) has coached me on shooting form and 3D.

Lots of good info here if you get past our crap :D

TNhuntin93

All the guys in this forum have been helpfull to me as well, its pretty cool to have a group of guys that are pure bowhunters.

Thanks yall!

Latest posts