Not the start Tom Herman wanted.

THEdonkey0515

Remember Tom Herman the coach from Houston that got all hype when he left for Texas

Cause Strong at Texas was a defensive coach who was giving up 31 a game.

Well ole Tom's 23 ranked Texas team just gave up 51pts & an L to an unranked Maryland.

Maryland was averaging 7.7 yards a carry :eek:

Mudbone

Idk, a coach's first year he gets a pass right. Yes, he got beat by a team much less talented. But when that happens to a coach like butch, it's because he was left a mess, needs time to teach his system, lay some some bricks, build a foundation, get the kind of players and coaches that fit his system, etc....
Remember fellas, it takes 6-8 years to build a team. Unless of course your Jimmy frank. As much as everyone including me can't stand the guy, he is one helluva football coach. U outta go to you tube and listen to him talk to the teams. He will make u wanna strap on the pads yourself. U know, maybe he's just a great motivator and not that much coach, but whatever he does, he wins!! At the end the of the day that is what matters most.
Herman will be just fine. I like him and think he's great. It won't be long before he's winning conference championships. ;)

Scioto

I think you are right Mudbone except it won't take Herman 6 years to win the Big 12. Maryland is a lot better than most realize and has a very good coach as well. Texas is bad right now. Herman currently has the #2 class and is a top notch offensive mind. His problem is an awful defense. I wonder if Texas high schools just don't play defense? However, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, even Houston have recruited some real good defensive players out of that state. Just don't know why Texas and TAM can't.

THEdonkey0515

lol I knew someone would bring CBJ outta no were when I started this thread :tu:

Remember when I said you can't say the words butch or jones? With out someone coming unglued? Well I guess you can't even mention other coaches now lol sad.

People talk about not being able to have sport conversation that's part of the reason why ;)

Anyways back to the OP. Hermen should be fine game #1 just not the start he wanted. Just looked bad strong got killed his last year for giving up 31 points per game & Herman gave up 50+ game 1 Texas fans were not very happy bout it.

wayne

Mudbone":33n16gp6 said:
Idk, a coach's first year he gets a pass right. Yes, he got beat by a team much less talented. But when that happens to a coach like butch, it's because he was left a mess, needs time to teach his system, lay some some sticks, build a foundation, get the kind of players and coaches that fit his system, etc....
Remember fellas, it takes 6-8 years to build a team. Unless of course your Jimmy frank. As much as everyone including me can't stand the guy, he is one helluva football coach. U outta go to you tube and listen to him talk to the teams. He will make u wanna strap on the pads yourself. U know, maybe he's just a great motivator and not that much coach, but whatever he does, he wins!! At the end the of the day that is what matters most.
Herman will be just fine. I like him and think he's great. It won't be long before he's winning conference championships. ;)
Still hurt over Franklin leaving?

Anyway, back on topic
Texas fans are not giving him a pass
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... erman-2017

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Mudbone

THEdonkey0515":nn685kk1 said:
lol I knew someone would bring CBJ outta no were when I started this thread :tu:

Remember when I said you can't say the words butch or jones? With out someone coming unglued? Well I guess you can't even mention other coaches now lol sad.

People talk about not being able to have sport conversation that's part of the reason why ;)

Anyways back to the OP. Hermen should be fine game #1 just not the start he wanted. Just looked bad strong got killed his last year for giving up 31 points per game & Herman gave up 50+ game 1 Texas fans were not very happy bout it.
So I guess no one should have replied at all or just said "yup" or "I agree" or something of that nature huh.
So giving examples of other coaches and situations is wrong eh? Got it.

THEdonkey0515

Hummmm didn't say no one should have replied lol just funny how everytime someone says anything it gets tured around to CBJ or the vols can't have a conversation with out it popping up

Like your "Vandy" topic has nothing to do with UT next thing you know people talking bout vandy beating UT again? just think it's funny no matter topic someone brings UT or CBJ into it 90% of the time :tu:

Then people on hear wanna complain about thread bashing or no longer being able to have sports conversations on here.

Heard someone on hear say they tired of hearing CBJ this CBJ that not long ago..... but sounds like the guys who don't wanna hear bout him always bringing him up?

Mudbone

wayne":3qsd9epx said:
Mudbone":3qsd9epx said:
Idk, a coach's first year he gets a pass right. Yes, he got beat by a team much less talented. But when that happens to a coach like butch, it's because he was left a mess, needs time to teach his system, lay some some bricks, build a foundation, get the kind of players and coaches that fit his system, etc....
Still hurt over Franklin leaving?

Anyway, back on topic
Texas fans are not giving him a pass
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... erman-2017

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
He was the best thing to ever happen to vandy coach wise. Kinda natural to be a little sour when he promised to be in for the long haul and disappeared on us vandy fans. But not near as hurt as vol fans over lane kiffen. I don't remember any couch burnings or riots when he left. Just a bunch of disappointed fans. Understandable though. Lane does have a championship ring for every finger now and they ain't life championships or battle of Bristol rings either. His rings should be on the hill.
I guess I should behave like the vols fans with all the well wishes and all huh. ;)
But in all honesty I am pretty happy with the position/direction my favorite team is in and heading.

Mudbone

THEdonkey0515":1kpjo0ns said:
Hummmm didn't say no one should have replied lol just funny how everytime someone says anything it gets tured around to CBJ or the vols can't have a conversation with out it popping up

Like your "Vandy" topic has nothing to do with UT next thing you know people talking bout vandy beating UT again? just think it's funny no matter topic someone brings UT or CBJ into it 90% of the time :tu:

Then people on hear wanna complain about thread bashing or no longer being able to have sports conversations on here.

Heard someone on hear say they tired of hearing CBJ this CBJ that not long ago..... but sounds like the guys who don't wanna hear bout him always bringing him up?
I don't think you've ever heard me say I'm tired of hearing about cbj. I like talking about him and the vols.
Does that make me a closet fan since I follow the program so closely? Lol No Crap, going to neyland stadium is definitely on my bucket list and I will be a fan that day unless they are playing my DORES.
I find it funny how vol fans love him when he wins, and want to hang him when he loses.

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Butch has turned our program around 180 degrees...i have been on his side since day 1! Only complaint I have about him is his poor clock management lol, guy will raise your blood pressure through the roof and cause you to have a heart attack sometimes!

Latest posts