Not my day

Spurhunter

Decided to go out and look for bream beds yesterday evening. I was on cricket #2 when I got some grass wrapped around my trolling motor prop. I had my cricket bucket sitting on top of my little drink cooler on the front seat of my jon boat for some stupid reason. I lean over cleaning the grass off and my cricket bucket slides off into the water. I tried to grab it without flipping the 36" bottom boat over but it was too late. I watched my cricket bucket and $5.49 worth of crickets sink to the bottom. I just sat there and finished my beer shaking my head in disbelief. I finally decided the day wasn't over and trolled back to the house, got a bass rod and some Zoom trick worms, and proceeded to put a whooping on the bass. They were on fire. Guess I'll go buy another cricket bucket and try the bream again this week after work.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Did the same thing last week after about 10 minutes on the water at the pump house.

Filled the tube up before I left the house. Put about 300 crickets in it.
I used 2. 🤦‍♂️

Headhunter

I did the same thing. I was quick, got the bucket before it went down, don't think I lost a single cricket.

Believe the bluegill are done on Priest, at the least the area we fish. Filleted over 300 in the past couple weeks and had a bunch of 9" bluegill and pile of 8 to 8-3/4" bluegill.

Caught more shellcrackers than in we ever have on Priest. One shellcracker was 11".

Attachments

• bucketofgils.jpg
    bucketofgils.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 49
  • handsize.jpg
    handsize.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 53
  • goodgil.jpg
    goodgil.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 52

rifle02

Decided to go out and look for bream beds yesterday evening. I was on cricket #2 when I got some grass wrapped around my trolling motor prop. I had my cricket bucket sitting on top of my little drink cooler on the front seat of my jon boat for some stupid reason. I lean over cleaning the grass off and my cricket bucket slides off into the water. I tried to grab it without flipping the 36" bottom boat over but it was too late. I watched my cricket bucket and $5.49 worth of crickets sink to the bottom. I just sat there and finished my beer shaking my head in disbelief. I finally decided the day wasn't over and trolled back to the house, got a bass rod and some Zoom trick worms, and proceeded to put a whooping on the bass. They were on fire. Guess I'll go buy another cricket bucket and try the bream again this week after work.
I think you've discovered a new fishing technique! Throw a cricket bucket and all the Crickets overboard and then begin fishing with worms the bass will love it.

Latest posts