Normandy Walleye Help

Trnr

Been trying my hand at walleye fishing this year, and did pretty good trolling crawlers in the summer.

Anyone got any tips for fall/winter walleye fishing? I've been striking out hard lol

Not looking for honey holes, just looking for generic pointers. Not sure if they stay in the basin or head upstream. Also not sure what the "best" method is to catching them (jigging, trolling, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• E98842C5-EDBE-424E-860B-DAE3B4DA42C7.jpeg
    E98842C5-EDBE-424E-860B-DAE3B4DA42C7.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 70

TNCharlie

I'll tell you what I know, but that's not a lot.

The guy I know that does well on the walleye on Normandy does not fish for them in the winter. In the fall and winter he mostly fishes for crappie. I have fished for both with him.

With him I have done pretty well; without him, not so much. I really can't figure out why. I think I'm doing the exact same thing whether I'm with him or not, but apparently there is a touch that I don't have. His bread-and-butter walleye method is slow trolling nightcrawlers.

He guides and does a good job. I'm sure others on here know him. Not sure if I should put his name up publicly or not - he would probably like the advertising. :) Anyway, I'll send you a private message with his contact info.

Rammer Jammer

I'll tell you what I know, but that's not a lot.

The guy I know that does well on the walleye on Normandy does not fish for them in the winter. In the fall and winter he mostly fishes for crappie. I have fished for both with him.

With him I have done pretty well; without him, not so much. I really can't figure out why. I think I'm doing the exact same thing whether I'm with him or not, but apparently there is a touch that I don't have. His bread-and-butter walleye method is slow trolling nightcrawlers.

He guides and does a good job. I'm sure others on here know him. Not sure if I should put his name up publicly or not - he would probably like the advertising. :) Anyway, I'll send you a private message with his contact info.
Sounds like the legend Pete

Falconi

I don't know if this translates, but when I lived in South Dakota, for fall walleyes we would use a slip sinker rig with big creek chubs (or suckers if no chubs) and keep it slow. In the winter the water was too hard to troll. ;)

Latest posts