Nitro Turkey Loads

buckmaster 320

For the people who shoot nitro loads ,which loads do you shoot??
The Hevi-Shot4x5x7 or Economy Hevi-Shot combined with copper 4 copper x 5 copper x 7 hevi-shot??

BV

This is my first year to use the Nitros ( got a box for Christmas). The ones I have are the 4x5x7 heavi-shot. I'm shooting it through a Mossberg 835 with a Jelly Head .690 choke tube. It's about to kill me that I havent had a chance to get out and shoot them yet, However,from what I've heard about them, it should be fun.

muddyboots

Here is what they look like at 40 yards.

NitrosFront.jpg

Nitros.jpg

buckmaster 320

I noticed on thier website that the 4x5x7 hevishot shoots the same 1200 fps and puts the same amount of shot at 40 yards as the 4c x 5c x 7hevi ....
Whats the advantage of the all hevi-shot compared to the copper/hevi-shot loads??
There is quite a bit of price difference .....

Buckmark

buckmaster 320 said:
I noticed on thier website that the 4x5x7 hevishot shoots the same 1200 fps and puts the same amount of shot at 40 yards as the 4c x 5c x 7hevi ....
Whats the advantage of the all hevi-shot compared to the copper/hevi-shot loads??
There is quite a bit of price difference .....

Hevishot is heavier than lead and carries more energy and knockdown further distance. Not an issue out to 40 but beyond it becomes an advantage.

Latest posts