Neyland Stadium

Gravey

My daughter is in grad school at UT and her boyfriend flew up last night for the game today. He took her up this morning and they flew around Knoxville & Gatlinburg and she sent me this pic of Neyland Stadium. You can see Thompson Boling Arena too. Thought it was a cool pic. DB35B965-D959-4395-AAE0-8D2789080951.jpeg

RobDooley

Fried Okra is to die for….
there used be a place on University Avenue near Western Avenue called "Jacks". Brother Jack feeds the soul. Old black man. He made a shoulder sandwich on light bread to die for. He was accused of putting cat in his famous pig burgers. Best damn cat I ever ate. After the bars closed in Knoxville, you couldn't get near the place.

PalsPal

Great pic.

But, I actually thought this post was about the upgrades to the in-attendance experience. All I can say is wow, they really know how to get the crowd pumped pregame and throughout with the new lights and sound.

For a cream puff game, Volnation was rocking.

Speedwell-Hunter

I've not had that. I don't care for their ribs, brisket, or pulled pork. I'd honestly rather go to Buddy's. I know that it is a Knoxville iconic restaurant, but I just never have had anything good from any of their locations
Calhouns is good

Where Calhouns drops the ball, Connors steakhouse out in West Knoxville really covers the thibgs that Calhouns people complain about so you've got that to think about!

Good stuff

Gravey

Great pic.

But, I actually thought this post was about the upgrades to the in-attendance experience. All I can say is wow, they really know how to get the crowd pumped pregame and throughout with the new lights and sound.

For a cream puff game, Volnation was rocking.
I haven't been yet and didn't see the game but she's been to both home games this year and said it's pretty dang awesome. Hope to make it for a game later this year.

PalsPal

I haven't been yet and didn't see the game but she's been to both home games this year and said it's pretty dang awesome. Hope to make it for a game later this year.

It is very cool, especially at night. But, I do have two major gripes.

It is nearly impossible to get cell service in the stadium. So, I couldn't check scores of other games or get on here or send a text etc. The second is the digital tickets. I bought my single ticket from an individual online, and didn't really have any issues transferring it. But, they don't allow a screenshot for entry, so you have to download it to your Google wallet (which I didn't have set up prior to that). Anyway, I had no issues getting in, but people who are tech challenged will have trouble.

Gravey

It is very cool, especially at night. But, I do have two major gripes.

It is nearly impossible to get cell service in the stadium. So, I couldn't check scores of other games or get on here or send a text etc. The second is the digital tickets. I bought my single ticket from an individual online, and didn't really have any issues transferring it. But, they don't allow a screenshot for entry, so you have to download it to your Google wallet (which I didn't have set up prior to that). Anyway, I had no issues getting in, but people who are tech challenged will have trouble.
Yeah my buddy told me about the digital ticket. He transferred one to me for my daughters boyfriend and then I transferred it to her. I'd rather have a paper ticket in my hand.

Latest posts