New toy!

CATCHDAWG

Looking forward to getting this rod wet! Not sure what reel I'm gonna end up with yet to pair it with but love the feel and quality of this rod!

Attachments

• FD747297-4B2F-442D-BD05-2836C7D04452.jpeg
    FD747297-4B2F-442D-BD05-2836C7D04452.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 144

CATCHDAWG

Love those 3 weight rods. Turns small trout into marlins, super fun.

Remember the "golden rule" - the reel only holds your line. I never spent a ton on my reel. 1. rod 2. line 3. reel
I agree with that for the most part but you need a reel that will balance out the rod correctly and the reel off my other 3wt just doesn't feel right. Gonna find one a little lighter.

CATCHDAWG

was looking at their drifter series last year, couldnt decide which would be best for smallish streams and small lakes 376 or 486.
I looked at those as well and they have great reviews and I definitely liked the price better. My problem was that they only offer a 7'6" in a 3wt for that series. I was looking for a 8'6" rod and the Vesper just has some nice features I really like.

WTM

I looked at those as well and they have great reviews and I definitely liked the price better. My problem was that they only offer a 7'6" in a 3wt for that series. I was looking for a 8'6" rod and the Vesper just has some nice features I really like.
so ifin one was to get up the courage to try some of those mountain streams and some easier to get to streams around townsend, which one would be a good do all type of rod. ive only experience with a 6wt 9 so far.

Setterman

so ifin one was to get up the courage to try some of those mountain streams and some easier to get to streams around townsend, which one would be a good do all type of rod. ive only experience with a 6wt 9 so far.
I'm unique in that I prefer a 9' rod in the small streams, better reach and more line control. I know nothing of moonshine other than the name, so no suggestions there, but I'd go with a 4 wt if it were me.

CATCHDAWG

^^^pretty much what he said^^^. Kid at work is wanting to get into fly fishing and we had the same conversation. He wants to fish both tailwaters and wild streams. A 5wt is ideal for tailwaters but overkill for wild streams and vise versus for a 3wt so that makes a 4wt ideal for a middle ground. As Setterman mentioned, a longer rod is gonna give you a little more control and distance in open water. In the smaller, tighter streams where you can't "cast" they are easier to roll, bow cast or just fling with some distance.