New to tndeer - predator & hog hunter

whitfed

Wanted to say hello to all.

I am new to the site and just wanted to throw some items out there.

I moved from TX roughly 7 years ago and want to start pred and hog hunting again. I have spent the last couple of months reviewing the crazy rules in TN about hog hunting. Still scratching my head. A anyways, I'm not very fortunate to have to many family connections with farmers/land owners that are having hog issues. So needless to say, my search is slow. I have the ability to night hunt with a decent night vision up and a thermal monocular for heat signatures.

I hand load a .223 Barnes TSX 70 gr bullet that does the trick for hog and a Barnes 62g TSX for sound dogs.

If there is a group of hunters looking for an additional night hunter or any of you that I could help out. Please let me know.

Look forward to being apart of the site.

mike243

Re: New to tndeer - predator & hog hunter

welcome to the site ,Pigs can be hunted at nite, permits given spell out what the hunters are allowed to do,

whitfed

Actually, when the land owner gives you the right as an agent, all game is on, including night time hunting with or without spotlights.

Just FYI.

"Landowners are now able to more easily control wild hogs on their properties. They can shoot wild hogs year-round during the day without limit and trap with bait outside of big game seasons. In addition, landowners may obtain an exemption from their TWRA regional office allowing them to kill wild hogs at night using a spotlight and trap year-round. Family members and tenants that qualify under the Farmland Owner License Exemption (License Fees) and up to ten additional designees may help private landowners with wild hog control efforts. For properties over 1000 acres, an additional designee per 100 acres may be assigned. In order to renew each year, exemption holders are required to report the number of hogs killed on their property and the manner in which they were killed to TWRA. Landowners may also take advantage of technical assistance provided by TWRA to help with a trapping program or additional wild hog control techniques."

In a previous post on this site, which I am having a hard time finding, there is a mention of the Feds heli hunting. One of the posters mentioned being listed as an agent on multiple properties. If possible could someone link that post?

mike243

All game isn't on unless the property owner tells you that and or puts it into a written agreement, pigs might be the only animal he wants you to hunt & stay away from his turkeys & deer lol, not all rights are given & a lease agreement can help keep disagreements & misunderstandings to a min, hope you find a good spot soon,

whitfed

Yeah. When I said "all game is on". I only meant and care about the nasty hogs.

But agree with you about making that very clear from the beginning.

Nsghunter

I have a friend who "assumed" that he would obtain deer rights after he was allowed to predator hunt on a farm. He was furious when he found out the owner never intended on letting him hunt deer. A simple written and signed agreement will help clear the air and you can build from that.

whitfed

Wildcat said:
When I ask to coyote hunt on a farm I NEVER assume anything. In fact I tell them I do NOT want to hunt their deer or turkeys, I have places for those.

Exactly my intent by this post. I could care less about deer, turkey and fowl. As an agent sign on I'm only looking for hogs and predators. No assumptions on my end.

Latest posts