New to the site and hello from West TN

WTN-Hunter

Hello,
I have a wonderful wife and a slew of kids and live in Shelby County. I am looking forward to connecting with the community. Just recently I started hunting some public lands in West TN and wanted to get some info on where to avoid a lot of hunting traffic and pumpkin patches. :) My boys are just now getting into hunting (they are a little older (22, 18 & 16) than when I started) and I wanted to provide them with positive experiences.
Charles aka WTN-Hunter

DoubleRidge

Welcome! Great to hear your boys are getting interested in hunting....I'm in middle TN so don't have any pointers for you in West TN but I'm sure there are others on here willing to share some ideas or suggestions.

old guy

Welcome to the campfire . If you hunt public land you are going to see a lot of pressure. The majority of hunters in W. Tn. either buy a piece of land , lease a piece of land or join a hunting club when an opening becomes available . Buying a plot is usually cost prohibitive. It is somewhat late to find an opening at a club and the available leases are usually gone very quickly. You may have to settle for public land now and jump on openings for next season. But who knows , you may get lucky and find something available right now. Keep searching and be ready for next season's openings . It has been this way for a long time . In the old days just asking a farmer for permission was positive. Now , they lease it out or don't want you on the property. But you might find a farmer willing . Whatever the case may be , good luck in your search and again , welcome to the site .

Latest posts