New to stick and string.

bucksmacker

Hey guys and ladies, I have been into archery for quite some time now but always with a compound bow. I have sold my compound and now I am the proud owner of a nice recurve takedown. I am determined to learn and become profifient at instinctive shooting and eventually hunt. I love archery and cant think of anything that is better in the outdoor world. I do, however, need all the help and tips I can get. Any tips, tactics, advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help.

eddie c

your biggest help would be to get with someone that shoots trad and has an open mind about it. a good mentor will go a long way. you will need to figure out YOUR shooting methods fit YOU. not all of us aim the same way.
my first advice is to HAVE FUN. that was the best advice I recieved.
second, the arrow charts are not always correct. dont buy a lot of arrows the same. experiment with different ones.
then ask questions.
what part of west TN are you in?
Eddie

FOX FIRE

Good stuff man, one more to the trad tribe, its a lotta fun but takes some work, just like anything else, but for some reason the fun factor is off the charts.

Try the dvd Mastres of the bare bow, thers sevral volumes but the first one has about anything you need to know, it teaches sevral shoot'n styles & has plenty of helpfull info, but hands on experience is a good teached but a experienced shoot'n buddy mite help with preventing bad habits.

keep us posted on how it goes, mite run into something we can help with.