New to hunting

bravesfan2501

Hi everyone. I am looking to go hunting for the first time. Growing up my parents didn't hunt and have always wanted to go and experience it. I'm 33 and moving to Avery County NC soon. Any suggestions on how to get started would be great. Thanks

Safari Hunt

Welcome to the forum. Should have some excellent hunting in the mountains. Just be in good condition. Also good trout fishing. That fills in between hunting seasons. There are a sackful of choices in firearms and archery equipment. Look for a good outdoor shop that caters to hunters. Ask around work. Google is good. There are some shops in Asheville if that isn't too far to drive. BTW, my grandson signed with the Braves in 2018. Covid knocked out spring training last year. Hoping this year will see him at ST.

bravesfan2501

Welcome to the forum. Should have some excellent hunting in the mountains. Just be in good condition. Also good trout fishing. That fills in between hunting seasons. There are a sackful of choices in firearms and archery equipment. Look for a good outdoor shop that caters to hunters. Ask around work. Google is good. There are some shops in Asheville if that isn't too far to drive. BTW, my grandson signed with the Braves in 2018. Covid knocked out spring training last year. Hoping this year will see him at ST.
Thank you. I will do that. I've been trout fishing up there before. I am from Lake Lure NC but moved to Florida. Moving back home too hot here! I hope your grandson gets back in there soon! I am ready to visit for a game never been in person.

bwgarrett3

Welcome! You can learn a ton just reading topics on here. If there's anything in particular you want to learn just do a quick search. Almost guaranteed it has been discussed on here in the past.

Latest posts