New survey

Boll Weevil

Anyone else get this email? Takes a little more time to complete but MUCH more comprehensive than past surveys. Many if not most of the topics we discuss here are in the survey (season start date and length, decoys, bag limits, fall season, hen/jake killing etc)...and all by county so they can an idea of where respondents do most of their hunting.

I'd encourage you to consider completing it...TWRA is certainly making an effort in ways they haven't in the past. I for one and pleased they seem to be digging into these concerns.

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) wants your input on turkey hunting in Tennessee! TWRA is conducting this survey of Tennessee turkey hunters to learn more about their turkey hunting experience, and their perspectives on existing turkey hunting regulations and management. Survey responses will be used to regulate the harvest of wild turkeys, to manage turkey populations, and to provide Tennessee turkey hunters with high-quality hunts. This is your opportunity to make your voice heard and share your opinions on the future of turkey hunting in Tennessee.

You were randomly selected for this study because you have harvested a turkey in Tennessee within the last five years (2018-2022). Even if you did not harvest a turkey this year, please complete the survey. Your participation is voluntary and there is no penalty for not participating. Your responses will be kept strictly confidential, and only aggregate data will be used in any related reports and presentations. Completion of this survey constitutes consent to participate in the study.

Please take 10-15 minutes to complete this survey: Tennessee Wild Turkey Hunters Survey

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser: www.tn.gov/twra/huntersurvey2022.html

If you have any questions about the study, please contact either Binod Chapagain ([email protected]; 615-781-6615) or Roger Shields ([email protected]; 615-781-6619).

Thank you for your participation and commitment to wildlife in Tennessee.

Boll Weevil

^ I gave as honest opinions as I could. I don't think yours will be trashed...not at all. Now what they do with the data gathered is a different issue.

The one question I wish they'd have asked is whether the respondent was a landowner hunting their own property. I'm actually going to suggest they add it to the survey.

th88

Thanks for posting! Glad to see a few controversial topics brought up.

wildlifefarmer

^ I gave as honest opinions as I could. I don't think yours will be trashed...not at all. Now what they do with the data gathered is a different issue.

The one question I wish they'd have asked is whether the respondent was a landowner hunting their own property. I'm actually going to suggest they add it to the survey.
i completed it as soon as i could. being an old fart i think i remember a question or two that related to type of property and ownership. not for sure cause that was yesterday

Boll Weevil

Just got a note back; they added a question about landowners.

Once again, perhaps this is evidence that they are indeed listening.