New spot turned out to be gold

REN

Have a deacon at church that has been mentoring me for the last 6months and said he sees turkeys on his farm pretty often. Then says I'm welcome to come out whenever if I wanted to.

Told me that this winter and forgot about it till this morning so sent him a text to see if that was still ok. Got a "I'm out of town but come on out" :). I've never been there or looked at it but look good on maps.

Parked at this shop and stuck one up 500yds from where I started. Was windy so hard to pinpoint his location but knew it was 100yds or less, we ended up setting up 3x before he finally came in.

Here is the best part, I was aiming at 11 o'clock thinking he would come up this small road. Ended up popping up at 3 o clock and 35yds away which is an issue for a right handed shooter. He gets behind a tree so I swing the gun and as he comes to the other side of the tree I pull the trigger and CLICK. Turns out I never loaded my gun hahahah. Had to rack a shell in and somehow he didn't just take off. Killed him at 37yds.

IMG_9516.jpeg

Latest posts