New scope issue

pass-thru

Not sure what to do about this or if I should just not worry about it.

A couple of months ago I bought a swarovski AV ML reticle. It was new in box, but I got demo pricing as the AV line as been discontinued in favor of the Z3 line. It was almost down to half price, but still a lot of money.

I checked it out as soon as I got it a few months ago, did not notice anything. Last week I mounted it. Yesterday I shot several rounds, still didn't notice anything.

Then today I shot it again. As soon as I looked through the scope, I noticed a black fleck in the lower left quadrant, somewhat close to the reticle.

I cleaned the back and front lense with zeiss wipes, no change. After examining it a length, I am positive it is not on the front lens, and 90% sure it is not on the rear lens. That would mean that it is probably on an internal lens.

I don't know whether it was there all along and I didn't notice it, or if it just appeared. It does obstruct the use of the scope, but now every time I look through it, it jumps out at me.

So I guess I can either forget about it, or send it in and see what they say. In the grand scheme of things a minor problem, but sort of disappointing none the less.

redblood

I bought a new vari X III new in the box- 3 yrs after they stopped making them. The plastic wrap was still sealed arounf the box. Put it on a gun and came back after vacation and it fogged up. Send it back to leupold and they sent me a new VX3. it was 3.5-10X40. I only paid 200.00 for the 1st one. I am a vx3 leupy man here on out.

pass-thru

I sent the scope in....got it back in three weeks fixed and good as new. Didn't cost a penny except to ship to them. I am impressed with their hassle free customer service.

Tiny

pass-thru said:
I sent the scope in....got it back in three weeks fixed and good as new. Didn't cost a penny except to ship to them. I am impressed with their hassle free customer service.

Good.

Model70Man

pass-thru said:

That's what I would expect and nothing less from Swarovski. Your lucky you didn't have to deal with Bushnell.

Latest posts