New Purchases For Turkey Season!!

th88

Bought 6lbs of TSS. Three mouth calls from an acquaintance of mine who makes a good one. That's about all I can recall. One of my Crispi boots just blew out this past week on a turkey trip, so probably will buy a pair of boots pretty soon. Got 2.5 years of hard use out of them.

Soft Talker

Bought me a Glenda Green satchel at Unicoi this year. Call it what you want, but it is badass. Swings all the way around your back and stays snug to your body. Figured with the extra 2 weeks of late season this year, it would be nice in the heat. Although my old school Mossy Oak strap vest is hard to beat in the lightness department, this thing is the cats ass. Broke it in the past 6 days back home, in the brutal South Florida heat, even gettin a little blood on it;) Hottest 1rst week in years down there. It was as pleasurable as it could possibly be, hunting this light sack. Should hunt the same here late May. Mrs. Glenda is a class act and makes a fine product.

Rakkin6

Bought me a Glenda Green satchel at Unicoi this year. Call it what you want, but it is badass. Swings all the way around your back and stays snug to your body. Figured with the extra 2 weeks of late season this year, it would be nice in the heat. Although my old school Mossy Oak strap vest is hard to beat in the lightness department, this thing is the cats ass. Broke it in the past 6 days back home, in the brutal South Florida heat, even gettin a little blood on it;) Hottest 1rst week in years down there. It was as pleasurable as it could possibly be, hunting this light sack. Should hunt the same here late May. Mrs. Glenda is a class act and makes a fine product.
Have heard lots about these and people swearing by them. I want to physically check it out before I buy one. I will be at Unicoi next year. Already got the room reserved.

Soft Talker

Have heard lots about these and people swearing by them. I want to physically check it out before I buy one. I will be at Unicoi next year. Already got the room reserved.
Game changer when it is bad hot. I don't carry much, but it has enough pockets and compartments to make any serious Turkey Hunter happy. I've got an old cushion off a Super Elite Vest that I sling across my back with a piece of 1in mule tape. The adjustable strap allows you to swing it around to your lower back and cinch it close to your body. Does not sag or hang anything. Little less "purse" like:). More like a true haversack. She makes 2 sizes. I hunt the smaller size

Last edited:

megalomaniac

Nothing for me this year... pretty much have everything dialed in the way I want it. Got enough backup shells and mouth calls I bought at then end of the seasons on sale past few years to last another decade.

It's getting to the point where I'm getting concerned some of the calls I bought 6 or 7 years ago may start to break down, but I just pulled a new one (bought 6 or 7y ago) out of the closet and it ran just fine.

Wrangler95

Nothing for me this year... pretty much have everything dialed in the way I want it. Got enough backup shells and mouth calls I bought at then end of the seasons on sale past few years to last another decade.

It's getting to the point where I'm getting concerned some of the calls I bought 6 or 7 years ago may start to break down, but I just pulled a new one (bought 6 or 7y ago) out of the closet and it ran just fine.
I stored mine in the case in the fridge!You may already do this!

This will only be my second season turkey hunting, but after getting one last year I knew this would be a life long obsession. I decided to upgrade my cheap amazon camo set to a Bottomland quarter zip, pants, and cap. I bought a Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag 12ga., with a scope, off a fellow TNdeer member, which will replace my old mossberg 500 with a single bead, and got a couple new decoys and stocked up on Longbeard XR #6s. I got plenty of calls, a vest and a chair last year. Excited to get in the turkey woods ad test out the new gear!

Roost 1

I remember when y'all was making fun of us man-purse packing, 20ga TSS shooters. Lol

are you still toting that 410??

Soft Talker

I remember when y'all was making fun of us man-purse packing, 20ga TSS shooters. Lol

are you still toting that 410??
I made fun of myself the whole time I was down there:p That Tom Teaser thing was more purse like. Like the fact that you can swing Glenda's bag all the way around. Actually started out as kid down there, huntin a leather haversack my Grandfather gave me. My Uncle commandeered it years ago and hunts it till this day. I will get it back someday. That model 42 was fixed up and ready to hunt when I got down there. Had issues with a bent ejection arm that finally got addressed before I got there. That fixed full choked, 28in. barrel, shootin old school 3in 7.5's was bad news at 17 steps, for a midday Cypress "pure strainer";)

squirrel_hunter

Mossberg sa 28ga turkey gun!! Waiting on it too come in. 2 custom pot callls.
Screenshot_20230312_235015_Chrome~2.jpg

Longbow2240

I've had one for four seasons now, use it turkey and deer hunting. I'll never go back to a vest.

Latest posts