New perspective

tasaman

To be a turkey hunter you need a gun with shells and a place to hunt that has turkey. To be a good turkey hunter you be in half way decent shape if you want to really go after the birds. I just hauled my arse up and down hill and hollow for 5 hours scouting and looking for turkeys. I've decided I need to loose a lot of weight unless I relegate myself to a blind in a field and hope turkey walk past like deer do. This stuff can kill you. Oh, pizza is ready.

tasaman

Naw. The birds I went in after were there. They just did the opposite of what they did the day before. Then they went silent at 630 and never gobbled for the rest of the day. Hens were everywhere and I thought to myself any time now and they will start gobbling. I quit at 1pm. Now I know the terrain much better and when they slide off in a direction other than mine I know how to get around them without too much climbing.

catman529

If you got all day, hunt all day. sometimes a bird will fire up in the afternoon. Might even get one looking for a hen to roost with. and yes being in shape helps for sure. I cant gain weight if I try, but it still will wear me out if I cover a lot of hills and miles. It's definitely good exercise and it's worth it too, I will travel a good ways to get on a bird and kill him.

Latest posts