New fishfinder

bluball

All the extra money ive been making wiring boats at performance fishing electronics i usually spend it on fishing stuff.Really didnt need another but figured it would be nice for mapping only when im in areas i dont know good.So i added a helix 9di gen3 to my console setup.I had to fab a bracket to support dash and a plate to go over the dash panel to stiffen it up,made the dash cover plate out of a cutting board.Gonna get a lakemaster card this week and i will be set.May haft to get @WTM to come use it though since i work all the time now
20221005-184300.jpg
20221005-194145.jpg

WTM

lol, i dont have time to use my own stuff much less anyone elses.

looks good. i still havent done mine yet. still need to buy and install the vessel view before i remove my guages and fab a mounting plate. probably gonna vertical mount and get it off the side. i about ripped it off going up a certain river thats only a few feet wide.

bluball

Dang,i finally added the vessel view mobile a couple weeks ago.Think im about done but every time i say that i end up buying something else for the boat.The rear trolling motors are something i want to add soon.I have the trolling motors and all the wiring ran from the front to the back and a stomp button mounted beside the trolling mors foot pedal.I have trolling motors and everything to complete the install but really dont have the time to do it,usually working on someone elses boat😂😂😂
20220928-185308.jpg

bluball

other than more power, whats the advantage of two tm's on the transom?
Trolling motors are for spooky fish,when you pull up on a bed and you hit your front trolling motor you can see the big fish leave on the livescope.When you are chasing a big fish the same thing can happen when you hit your front trolling motor.With the trolling motors on the rear and 18ft or father away from the fish they dont spook them as bad.They have a few more advantages also,you can back up if winds changing directions and going to mess your presentation on a fish.Im putting 2 of the cheap $100 trolling motors on so the cost isnt too bad.Stomp switch,wire,breaker and make some mounting brackets ,cost will be worth the advantages they give you.Seeing it in person in my buddies boat that owns performance fishing electronics made me want a set,well worth it forsure.I believe in a few yrs every serious crappie fishermen will have them.

bluball

Are you running mapping and imaging on both?
Naw,got the helix for mapping only,its a di gen3 unit.I love my old lowrance setup,when scanning i can change the waypoints icons quick so i know what im marking.I fish a couple areas in winter pool and think the depth shading and lake offset of lakemaster would make life alittle easier.Plus it was a trade in at performance fishing electronics and got it cheap since i work there part time.

TRIGGER

Naw,got the helix for mapping only,its a di gen3 unit.I love my old lowrance setup,when scanning i can change the waypoints icons quick so i know what im marking.I fish a couple areas in winter pool and think the depth shading and lake offset of lakemaster would make life alittle easier.Plus it was a trade in at performance fishing electronics and got it cheap since i work there part time.

I ran basically the same set up for a while for the same exact reason but my imaging unit was a Ray Marine Axiom. I got away from it because I couldn't mark structure on the Ray Marine and then see it as a waypoint on the Hummingbird. I was always guessing the exact spot. I loved the imaging and the speed on the Axiom but feel like I caught more fish due to the Lake Master mapping over the Axiom imaging. Plus the Lake Master mapping is so easy to read and stay away from shallow water while running.

bluball

I ran basically the same set up for a while for the same exact reason but my imaging unit was a Ray Marine Axiom. I got away from it because I couldn't mark structure on the Ray Marine and then see it as a waypoint on the Hummingbird. I was always guessing the exact spot. I loved the imaging and the speed on the Axiom but feel like I caught more fish due to the Lake Master mapping over the Axiom imaging. Plus the Lake Master mapping is so easy to read and stay away from shallow water while running.
I guess im the opposite,thats why i had just the lowrance for one unit.I think when it comes to catching fish for me the lowrance unit and imaging wins hands down over the bird.Lowrance has good imaging and being able to change the waypoint icons on the fly is the main reason i catch more fish.Just a couple quick taps on the touch screen and a waypoint is changed.But with the addition on the bird the lake master and its high lighting will help add to me catching fish more and running a ground at winter pool.Below are examples of my icon changes when scanning with my lowrance,with the helix series you would be pushing alot of buttons to make the changes.

Tree is the tree symbol
Double deer tracks big stump
Jumping deer small stumps
Star big bed
Dinner bell medium bed
Phone symbol small bed
Divers flag for big fish
? for a rotton bed that i might want to refresh in the future

Latest posts