New broad heads for my crossbow

dh1984

i'm just wondering if these will be good to use on crossbow bolts. they are a 100gr and they look like they would preform good on deer and stuff. here a picture of them

broadheads.jpg

timberjack86

What brand are they? As long as they are not made cheap they should be fine. I used some similar to those back when I used to hunt with a compound. Like I said mine were cheap and broke into pieces when they made contact with a deer. If they are good brand and quality I would go with them. Your choice of broadhead is the most important part when it comes to eating venison!

JohnnyDollar

I just ordered a pack of Swhacker 125's. I've never tried them before but the reviews are good. I found them on Ebay for 25.00 so the price isn't bad.

wtbh236

swhacker 125 kill yesterday opened her up real good but no blood trail lucky thing i herd her fall and she was only 40 yards 10 yard shoot from a ground blind
fl348.jpg

bowriter

R.I.P.
NAP Killzone 100. Deer #4- ran 50 yards Entrance hole.

2-10.jpg

Closeup of entrance hole. You can imagine the exit hole. Have killed four so far, three and a turkey with the same head. best mech. I have ever shot.

4.jpg

NO NOT use the heaviest you can find. Use the one that shoots the best. For deer here, 100-grains is plenty. For years, I shot 125 gr. here and 150 for bear and moose. You accomplish nothing by wasting KE. Arrow goes through, that is all you need. usually, you will find the lighter loads shoot better. Either way, shoot what works for your setup.

blackhawk611

varminthunter123 said:
Use the heaviest broad heads you can find. I shoot a 150gr fixed blade that has a 1 7/16" cutting diameter.
i have learned with fixed broad heads they can steer the arrow if the diameter is bigger than 13/16"th cuts with that said i would use and do use mechanicals like grim reapers their whitetail special is a 2" cut after they deploy, i believe you will like them they fly like a field point but hold up good and kill quick. most deer only go less than 30 yards once you put the arrow in the heart lung area. good luck with your quest.

Latest posts