new bow

switchbacker

im in the market for a new bow, and yesterday shot the new pse revenge,evo dream season, a z7 extreme and then went and shot a redhead blackout. my question is ive never owned a pse or a redhead, has anyone had problems out of them or had to deal with their customer support? any info would be greatly appreciated

Crow Terminator

YES! I have a 2012 Evo 6....already had to use the warranty on it.

The rotating module system is a good idea...but poorly engineered if you ask me. They have a bad problem with module screws coming loose....this happened on mine several times and I was able to catch it via the "rattle" sound after I would shoot. Well one day last month I was shooting a tourney and noticed my draw cycle was feeling weird. I kept looking trying to find what it might be...never could see anything. I never heard a rattle either....turns out my module screws had loosed just enough to allow the module to get worked out and then wedged at an angle against the cam. When I shot, it warped the cam itself and took a chunk out of my bottom limb.

To the local dealer it went...he called and got my parts on the way...needed a new lower limb, cam, module, and axle. They took their sweet time getting it here too...he called them while I was there and they didn't SHIP the stuff til 2 weeks later. I just now got the bow back and back in tune...and in no more than 30 shots, the bottom module already worked loose again. I first tried bow string wax and that didn't help...tried blue loc tite on it this go around and it didn't hold it either. Not a confidence booster going into another tourney this weekend.

pjridge

Crow Terminator said:

The rotating module system is a good idea...but poorly engineered if you ask me. They have a bad problem with module screws coming loose....this happened on mine several times and I was able to catch it via the "rattle" sound after I would shoot. Well one day last month I was shooting a tourney and noticed my draw cycle was feeling weird. I kept looking trying to find what it might be...never could see anything. I never heard a rattle either....turns out my module screws had loosed just enough to allow the module to get worked out and then wedged at an angle against the cam. When I shot, it warped the cam itself and took a chunk out of my bottom limb.

To the local dealer it went...he called and got my parts on the way...needed a new lower limb, cam, module, and axle. They took their sweet time getting it here too...he called them while I was there and they didn't SHIP the stuff til 2 weeks later. I just now got the bow back and back in tune...and in no more than 30 shots, the bottom module already worked loose again. I first tried bow string wax and that didn't help...tried blue loc tite on it this go around and it didn't hold it either. Not a confidence booster going into another tourney this weekend.

Your not the first Ive heard of with that issue CT.

switchbacker

Crow Terminator said:

well thats discouraging, but at(sorry at your expense) i know about their cs. im leaning hard on the mathews, never had issues for my old one, and i just cannot get past the grips on the pse

Crow Terminator

Yeah ain't that odd? When I first posted about it on Archery Talk I got several PMs from people saying that was the reason they sold their Evo's. PSE is well aware of it too, because they told the dealer to be sure and let me know that it really wasn't a warranty issue...that if it happened again it wouldn't be covered by warranty. Seems some are worse about it than others (mod screws coming loose) but I think mine is due to how much I've shot it. Great bow other than that...if it were a draw length specific cam system it would be totally awesome.

KJACK

go with the matthews and never look back.the z7 extreme is awesome.if your gonna spend the money take a look at that new mathews helim to though.

Latest posts