New Boots

BV

I use some old uninsulated lacross rubber boots. Theyre not pretty, but the get the job done for me. The help in crossing creeks, and in walking through fields with knee high grass when there is a heavy dew.

BV

I guess I said all that to say that if I were going to get some, I would try to get a pair just like them.

VolDoug

I will be replacing my 5-6 yr old Danner Pronghorn's prior to this spring.

Very pricey for me, but if I get as good of use out of my next pair as I did the old ones, it will be well worth it. I don't know how many miles I put on those boots.

Grizzly Johnson

BV said:
I use some old uninsulated lacross rubber boots. Theyre not pretty, but the get the job done for me. The help in crossing creeks, and in walking through fields with knee high grass when there is a heavy dew.

That's the main reason I am looking for some new boots....

VolDoug

Baxter83 said:
All you have to do is walk over to my cube and ask :D ......... I got these after Christmas and love them.

I'd be leery of how my feet would feel after a couple of miles in those things. Just looks like a blister waiting to happen if you had to do a lot of walking.

Baxter83

VolDoug said:
Baxter83 said:
All you have to do is walk over to my cube and ask :D ......... I got these after Christmas and love them.

I'd be leery of how my feet would feel after a couple of miles in those things. Just looks like a blister waiting to happen if you had to do a lot of walking.

Nope. I put about 5 miles on them squirrel hunting according to the gps and never even got uncomfortable. They're really flexible and light weight.

deerchaser007

I just got the guide gear snake boots that zip on the side from sportsman guide. Very comfortable,.. not heavy,.. don't have to worry about them coming untied ,. and unlike the rocky's i had,.. these are really waterproof!! Not bad for 79.99 in my opinion

Huntaholic

VolDoug said:
I will be replacing my 5-6 yr old Danner Pronghorn's prior to this spring.

Very pricey for me, but if I get as good of use out of my next pair as I did the old ones, it will be well worth it. I don't know how many miles I put on those boots.
Best boots Ive ever had on! Ive got a pair of them right now that Ive worn for going on 2 years. I probably put more miles on a pair of boots in a month than most people do in a year. A logger is harder on boots than pretty much anything else you can do and these have held up well under me.