Never-ending....

megalomaniac

Saturday I pulled my 8m old tires off my boat trailer to check hubs and add grease to the zerks...I run them at 50psi....

Found a linear bulge on one tire on the inside wall going from the wheel rim out to the tread. Took it back to the tire shop and they said it was a manufacturing defect where the belt was joined had begun to separate. Not safe, had to buy a new tire, as the shop would not credit me for the tire until the manufacturer credited them back first.

Found the slow leak in the other tire I bought from them 8m ago when I had the wheel off and in a water bath... leaky valve stem. They replaced that for free.

Then Sunday the motor quit peeing. Impeller 8m old, shouldn't be that. disassembled all the tubes coming out of the engine to the pisser and found a large piece of sand blocking it.

Oh, also lost power to driver side marker light and running light. New wiring harness I installed 8m ago. Found where the marker light wire corroded and broke, guess I didn't get enough goop to keep saltwater out of the wire splicer.

Neverending with a boat....

7mm08

Saturday I pulled my 8m old tires off my boat trailer to check hubs and add grease to the zerks...I run them at 50psi....

Found a linear bulge on one tire on the inside wall going from the wheel rim out to the tread. Took it back to the tire shop and they said it was a manufacturing defect where the belt was joined had begun to separate. Not safe, had to buy a new tire, as the shop would not credit me for the tire until the manufacturer credited them back first.

Found the slow leak in the other tire I bought from them 8m ago when I had the wheel off and in a water bath... leaky valve stem. They replaced that for free.

Then Sunday the motor quit peeing. Impeller 8m old, shouldn't be that. disassembled all the tubes coming out of the engine to the pisser and found a large piece of sand blocking it.

Oh, also lost power to driver side marker light and running light. New wiring harness I installed 8m ago. Found where the marker light wire corroded and broke, guess I didn't get enough goop to keep saltwater out of the wire splicer.

That big red you caught made this hassle worth it! Hang in there.

Big Pop

Amen to neverending……!

megalomaniac

That big red you caught made this hassle worth it! Hang in there.
To keep everything in tip top shape, I spend as much time on the boat as I do fishing :(

Literally takes me 1.5h hours after I get home from fishing to wash the boat and trailer, flush the motor, run the carbs dry, wash the fishing reels, clean fish, clean the coolers, etc. And that doesn't count fixing the little stuff

1h 45min drive down there, fish 6 hours, 1h 45min drive back, clean 1.5 hours.

Will be better after the temps drop and I can fish 8-9 hours a trip.

Latest posts