Nest predation solution?

I'm sure this will help...
Give deer hunters a chance to earn a tag...buck, doe, gobbler??? by killing x number of nest predators.
Check them in with our app like a deer.
Along with a picture.

I'm sure it will help.

Tagging is based on honor system like all app tagging is.

I've let countless opossum, coyote, foxes, skinks, coons, etc walk during my hunts but I wouldn't with incentive.

I emailed my commissioners but that was it.

paboom

I like the motivation, but it would be wildly easy to manipulate.

Kill trap 1 predator and then take 10 pictures of him in multiple positions/spots. or a group of 5 people takes pictures of 1 predator.. ect.

mike243

I have never passed shot on a yote with any weapon, I would have thought most other hunters would do the same. very few times have I ever seen any others out, 3 or 4 yotes down 1 miss with a muzzle loader.

deerhunter10

To easy to manipulate. We don't need an earn anything program imo. With what has came out the last few years from twra they aren't going to do anything good for deer or turkeys, especially turkeys.

There will always be cheaters. I'm sure people cheat when checking in deer.
Honest people will kill nest predators and check them in.
We need to kill more nest predators. Trapping has basically disappeared since fur prices have plummeted.
Very few hunters I know will shoot a coon, skunk, opossum or anything except a coyote or bob cat while waiting on a deer.
According to Studies done for turkey nesting success, nest predators are wreaking havoc on turkey populations.

deerhunter10

There will always be cheaters. I'm sure people cheat when checking in deer.
Honest people will kill nest predators and check them in.
We need to kill more nest predators. Trapping has basically disappeared since fur prices have plummeted.
Very few hunters I know will shoot a coon, skunk, opossum or anything except a coyote or bob cat while waiting on a deer.
According to Studies done for turkey nesting success, nest predators are wreaking havoc on turkey populations.
Trapping is picking up big time. Im not shooting a coon opossum or skunk while deer hunting. A lot of us are after bug deer and im not taking a chance if busting anything for a skunk. Coyotes and Bob cats sure. For sure don't need an earn a tag for anything either. We have trapped heavy for 3 years straight. I like thinking out of the box and not saying it wouldn't work but I do not think it will be nearly as effective as you think.

As said in another thread something in the future is going to have to be done with birds of prey. What? I have no idea but they are a bigger cause then anyone thinks as well.

Is there any trapping being done on public lands at all? Habitat improvements? Anything like that. I live close to yanhalli and I haven't seen anything. At the end of the day it's a group effort not just private leading the way either.

Not only that clearly with the proposal I saw in the deer thread twra is not worried about it. Self regulations and continued trapping and Habitat improvements and hope for good springs for hatches will be the reasons we have turkeys to hunt in 10 to 15 years not anything twra does. They aren't going to do anything meaningful.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
They could require proof by turning in a body part of the target animal. Arkansas requires tails of beavers to get the bounty. I can remember that groundhogs the ears were presented for the bounty claim.

timberjack86

We need to create a new opportunity that young and old hunters will enjoy alike. Night time predator hunting is the answer imo. It's something new and something different that won't be competing with other opportunities. Especially during the hot days of summer. It's a big event in the states that allow it. Did it once when I was in Texas. They kill lots of predators that way and lots of people participate.

Latest posts